CocoCay - First Timer

Newbcruiser1

Stopping in CocoCay for the first time on my upcoming Anthem of the Seas cruise in a few weeks.

I've been to Labadee several times, but never to CocoCay! I'm looking for a semi-quiet beach (doesn't have to be deserted but would prefer to avoid "the masses" with minimal/no rocks that's not too far of a trek to a washroom and food, and where I can find a lounger with some shade under a palm tree. Not too picky, right? ;) Any suggestions of where to go (and directions of how to get there)? I would be willing to relocate after lunch if necessary. I plan on getting off the ship around 9:30am after my scheduled ride on the North Star. I believe we're in CocoCay until 5pm.

Any other tips for a first-timer?

I watched this video review on YouTube; it might contain some useful information for you too:

Here is a map: http://c3270052.r52.cf0.rackcdn.com/ports/maps/cococaylinkmap4.jpg

Linked from here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/newport.cfm?ID=529

My wife and I were there in November 2015 and we didn't spend much time on any specific beach. We walked the nature trails (which are quite rocky in sections) and sandy paths around much of the island on our own. We didn't book any activities/excursions on CocoCay -- found everything to be too expensive for our tastes.

Stopping in CocoCay for the first time on my upcoming Anthem of the Seas cruise in a few weeks.

I've been to Labadee several times, but never to CocoCay! I'm looking for a semi-quiet beach (doesn't have to be deserted but would prefer to avoid "the masses" with minimal/no rocks that's not too far of a trek to a washroom and food, and where I can find a lounger with some shade under a palm tree. Not too picky, right? ;) Any suggestions of where to go (and directions of how to get there)? I would be willing to relocate after lunch if necessary. I plan on getting off the ship around 9:30am after my scheduled ride on the North Star. I believe we're in CocoCay until 5pm.

Any other tips for a first-timer?

Barefoot beach is nice and quiet. Great beach for walking.

Thanks so much for sharing! From the video, barefoot beach looks perfect!

Can anyone tell me how far it is from the food and restrooms? And how far from the tender dock?

I'm afraid I can't answer with precise specifics (such as having timed it myself), but the island is less than 1.5 km in length and less than 500 m in width at its widest (I used Google Maps to "measure distance" in the satellite view, which seems about right based on my own experience of walking around the island).

I think it'd be about 500 m or less in walking distance from Barefoot Beach to the tender dock.

It's not that far to get around anywhere on CocoCay unless you get lost and end up walking in circles :)

I have heard that it is not uncommon for Coco Cay to get cancelled due high winds or rough seas. We have been to Labadee several times but we will going to Coco Cay for the first time in May. Are cancellations more frequent during certain months of the year?