Singapore customs and dfs at cruise centre

nbhwarrior

Hi cc's

We will be flying into Singapore from the uk with a stopover KL for 3 days

is there a duty free shop in the cruise centre to buy duty free goods before embarking the cruise? I like a particular brand off cigar and also Cuban cigars which I would normally bring from uk, I have just found out that when you enter Singapore you have to declare tobacco products and pay duty, I don't want waste money paying tax on tobacco products if there is a simpler option?

Also do customs stop everybody?

Need some experience and guidance

Thanks

Not that I'm aware off no.

The cruise center has no duty free shops as the embarkation is done in a shopping mall if you are referring to the one at at HarbourFront (opposite Sentosa) There is none at Marina Bay Cruise Center either.

Unfortunately you are arriving from Malaysia, if not you could buy duty free products at the airport.

Regarding the customs, i recommend that you stick to the rules and don't bring tobacco in if you do not want to pay duty. All bags will have to go through security...It's a risk.

What brand of cuban cigar do you like? I can help you check the price in SG to see if it is okay for you.

Not that I'm aware off no.

The cruise center has no duty free shops as the embarkation is done in a shopping mall if you are referring to the one at at HarbourFront (opposite Sentosa) There is none at Marina Bay Cruise Center either.

Unfortunately you are arriving from Malaysia, if not you could buy duty free products at the airport.

Regarding the customs, i recommend that you stick to the rules and don't bring tobacco in if you do not want to pay duty. All bags will have to go through security...It's a risk.

What brand of cuban cigar do you like? I can help you check the price in SG to see if it is okay for you.

thanks wave splasher

if you can get me price on the following, that would be great

Montecristo no 2

cafe creme 10's or 20's or similiar (small cigars)

20 marlborough lite cigarettes

also can you tell in simple terms what is the duty on cigars and on cigarettes

thanks

I have a question...I enjoy smoking Cafe Creme mini cigars. I was planning on bringing 3 or 4 packs (10 cigars per pack) into Singapore for our cruise. Would I have to pay duty on these cigars? If so, maybe I can just find them in Singapore. Does anyone know if you can find Cafe Creme cigars in Singapore?

Thanks so much!

I have a question...I enjoy smoking Cafe Creme mini cigars. I was planning on bringing 3 or 4 packs (10 cigars per pack) into Singapore for our cruise. Would I have to pay duty on these cigars? If so, maybe I can just find them in Singapore. Does anyone know if you can find Cafe Creme cigars in Singapore?

Thanks so much!

From what I'm finding out the answer is yes, you would have to pay tax on one cafe creme cigar!!!!

I would also like to know how much they are to buy in Singapore ? As then I could try and work out if it is still cheaper to buy in duty free and then pay duty or just buy in Singapore

Look forward to replies

Hi I just check with the local store here and they do sell them.

Cafe Creme: SGD18 per stick

Montecristo No 2. SGD54 per stick

Marlborough lite: SGD12-15 per pack

i Know the prices are a bit off the charts..but hey...its Singapore

BIG THANKS WAVESPLASHER thats just the info i needed

I thing it may be cheaper to bring and pay the duty

Just a quick question if you dont declare tobacco or alcohol, and it is found what happens? sre you put up against the wall and shot lol

In the UK you are asked to pay the duty or the product gets confiscated, just wanted to check?

Once again thanks

Just a quick question if you dont declare tobacco or alcohol, and it is found what happens? sre you put up against the wall and shot lol

In the UK you are asked to pay the duty or the product gets confiscated, just wanted to check?

Once again thanks

Lol.. contrary to popular belief, you are not put up against the wall and shot.

Taken from the customs webpage.

http://www.customs.gov.sg/individuals/going-through-customs/offences

"The penalty for a customs offence is a composition sum of up to S$5000, or prosecution in court, depending on the severity of the offence.Those found committing customs offences at the checkpoints may be offered the following composition amounts"

It depends how serious your offence really is.

Once again thanks

You may not want to bother bringing any at all. If the duty on tobacco is similar rate to alcohol then it's not worth it.

We paid £8 for a 1L bottle of Gordons Gin in India, but, because we stopped in Malaysia on route on our cruise, they wanted us to pay £20 tax!!!! We let them keep the bottle, then paid just £18 for 2*1L bottles of Gordons Gin at the airport.

I would bring your own cigars.

When it comes to Cuban you really want to be sure they are really Cuban.

Keith

Keith,

Unlike the USA, the UK doesn't have a problem trading with Cuba. So buying Cuban cigars is not a problem and there are many reputable businesses.

Keith,

Unlike the USA, the UK doesn't have a problem trading with Cuba. So buying Cuban cigars is not a problem and there are many reputable businesses.

I know this. :) This is why I suggested that the OP get them at home (eg., the UK)

When you get them in places that you are not familiar with often they are not the real deal. :D

Keith

I know this. :) This is why I suggested that the OP get them at home (eg., the UK)

When you get them in places that you are not familiar with often they are not the real deal. :D

Keith

You might as well say that we should get them in cuba instead, since they are cuban cigars and only in cuba, they are the real deal. :D

You might as well say that we should get them in cuba instead, since they are cuban cigars and only in cuba, they are the real deal. :D

Good idea.

In all seriousness, unless you know what you are looking for many places say they are cuban and they really are not.

Keith