Star Sailing Backwards Itinerary?

hunterjackson

Hey guys,

I will be on the star next month.

I see several reviews stating they are going in a reversed order from what I have on MyNCL.

We are set to go Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel.

Any ideas on why they are doing this and if it is announced before sailing?

We have a couple of private excursions and trying to figure it out. thanks!

I just looked at that ship/date on the booking pages and it doesn't mention anything other than the normal itinerary. Seems to me that NCL would have sent you an email by now and changed the web site if that were the case.

Looking at a site that tells what ships are going to be in port (example: Cozumel ) it indicates no change on that date.

Edited by ColinIllinois

Hey guys,

I will be on the star next month.

I see several reviews stating they are going in a reversed order from what I have on MyNCL.

We are set to go Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel.

Any ideas on why they are doing this and if it is announced before sailing?

We have a couple of private excursions and trying to figure it out. thanks!

Hi Hunterjackson,

I will be on the same cruise as you (2/7/16) Last month a few of the Star cruise changed the Itinerary due to Mechnical issues. The most recent cruise to change Itinerary was given advance notice. From what I hear they have fixed all issues and the last 4 cruises have been without incident...I wouldn't worry. You should join our roll call ;)

~E

I got a notice yesterday that they itinerary for the Star had been changed and the order of the Belize and Roatan stops had been reversed. This was for a March 6, 2016 sailing.

Should only be an issue of you have excursions planned with private vendors in either port stop.

Edited by jakesnana

I'm on the March 6th sailing as well, but I haven't received official notification yet. I did notice the switch a few days ago when I was on the NCL website. I called the Shore Excursion number yesterday and was told that they hope to have updated excursions for Belize and Roatan within the next week or two.

Watching the ship tracker

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:374130/zoom:10

Star is (as of today) sailing the itinerary in the following order:

Roatan,

Belize,

Costa Maya

Cozumel.

That is the same order of ports I have in my MyNCL for Feb 7th sailing.

Edited by Giventofly

Hi Hunterjackson,

I will be on the same cruise as you (2/7/16) Last month a few of the Star cruise changed the Itinerary due to Mechnical issues. The most recent cruise to change Itinerary was given advance notice. From what I hear they have fixed all issues and the last 4 cruises have been without incident...I wouldn't worry. You should join our roll call ;)

~E

Good deal, nice to know a friendly face!

I usually join the roll calls and go to the M&G's...however we will be with kids this time and know we can't make it to the meet and greet :(

Hope to see you around!

Just off the Star January 10th sailing. We had a great fantastic time aboard that ship. Our itinerary was reversed also Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize and Roatan. The captain said onboard that they changed it do to some ports being too busy. We booked Native tours in Costa Maya (ruin tour) and Victor Bodden in Roatan---both deserve a 5 star rating and are both excellent companies . Enjoy your cruises

Safe sailing

I'm on the March 6th sailing as well, but I haven't received official notification yet. I did notice the switch a few days ago when I was on the NCL website. I called the Shore Excursion number yesterday and was told that they hope to have updated excursions for Belize and Roatan within the next week or two.

I am a TA and we were just notified yesterday. If you booked through a TA, she should be notifying you shortly. If you booked direct with NCL, than you'll have to rely on them.

Thanks to all for the info!

We do have private excursions booked, so just wanted to keep them up to date.

Hope all goes as planned, but if it doesn't, we are still on a beautiful ship!

You would be amazed at how fast the private vendors get the information on ships changing their port stops. If you are concerned, you could notify them of the possibility, then they will make sure to pay particular attention to the Star's schedule.

I am a TA and we were just notified yesterday. If you booked through a TA, she should be notifying you shortly. If you booked direct with NCL, than you'll have to rely on them.

I booked with a TA, so that's good to know! Thanks for the info :)