South America/ Norwegian Sun tips from my trip!

schwartzy

The cruise leaving V on 12th Mar 2016 has the Sun in Puerto Madryn on Wednesday 23rd March between 7am and 4pm. This is the next cruise I think.

My guess is that it is in PM a day early as it has bypassed Stanley completely; hasn't even attempted to anchor.

Mike

This is good information to have, especially for someone like myself who likes to book independent private tours. Knowing that there is a very distinct possibility that a stop can be missed due to weather will make me carefully consider any possible day trips, especially if it requires payment or deposit beforehand. And in particular what the policies may be if the ship does not make it there.

My cruise next year is supposed to be in the Fauklands on Easter Sunday, which may make it more difficult to find a tour and because of the holiday they may be more strict about deposits and such.

Thanks again for the information and it must be very disappointing for those on board now. I know for myself this is one of the ports I am lloking most forward to.

Rochelle

This is good information to have, especially for someone like myself who likes to book independent private tours. Knowing that there is a very distinct possibility that a stop can be missed due to weather will make me carefully consider any possible day trips, especially if it requires payment or deposit beforehand. And in particular what the policies may be if the ship does not make it there.

My cruise next year is supposed to be in the Fauklands on Easter Sunday, which may make it more difficult to find a tour and because of the holiday they may be more strict about deposits and such.

Thanks again for the information and it must be very disappointing for those on board now. I know for myself this is one of the ports I am lloking most forward to.

Rochelle

Rochelle - it is an awesome port - just so different than anywhere else we'd been. Our driver (with Patrick Watts' company) said that cruises are really big business for the locals, everyone takes a day off - so it's a big disappointment when they can't drop tenders. None of them insisted on pre-payment from my research. They are very down to earth about this stuff.

Oz.

Ps: I think we met on a Pearl sailing in December '12?

Rochelle - it is an awesome port - just so different than anywhere else we'd been. Our driver (with Patrick Watts' company) said that cruises are really big business for the locals, everyone takes a day off - so it's a big disappointment when they can't drop tenders. None of them insisted on pre-payment from my research. They are very down to earth about this stuff.

Oz.

Ps: I think we met on a Pearl sailing in December '12?

Hi Oz,

That too is great information to have. Thanks.

No not the Pearl .. it was the Jade Feb '13. Your little guy must be so big now and I bet he makes quite the little sailor. Is he still dancing up a storm at the Captain's cocktail parties?

Rochelle

They missed Falklands due to expected high winds and did not get close to Cape Horn either, so arrived at Puerto Madryn early!

I was following as best I could bust didn't get up for the scheduled Cape Horn passage, looks like I didn't miss anything.

There was a TV program about a cruise ship "Australis" that does cruises in that area and they land there if weather permits:)

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/87907766

Hi Oz,

That too is great information to have. Thanks.

No not the Pearl .. it was the Jade Feb '13. Your little guy must be so big now and I bet he makes quite the little sailor. Is he still dancing up a storm at the Captain's cocktail parties?

Rochelle

Yes! That's right. That was a really fun sailing. Yeah he would be platinum now if he could be.. 4.5 years old and nine cruises (including a Disney). He did spend some time on stage on the Star with a band last year. Quite hilarious.

Nothing currently booked but looking at trying MSC in July/2017 to the North Cape. You will love the Sun itinerary.. we had an amazing trip.