Pre-cruise/Post-cruise hotels

santrah

We have an Asia cruise booked for winter on the Journey. Why is it if I go and do a 'dummy' cruise booking via Azamara.co.uk and add pre and post cruise hotels to the dummy booking the rates are quite favourable (I am also able to add transfers too) yet when my TA is contacting Azamara to apply the rates to my booking which was made in May 2015 they quote me unrealistic prices that are around 70% more and tell me that some of the hotels rates for 'al carte' customers only...absolute useless calling them. Their airfare also for UK guests are around £900 more person too! I am now getting the TA to 'bond' the airfares with the cruise and hotels themselves and I am just paying £20 for this for the whole booking.

Be sure the rates you got originally were for the room, not per person. Cruise lines usually charge for hotels per person, in effect charging twice what you'd pay normally.That is why I would NEVER book a hotel through the cruise line.

Many thanks Bonnie, yes something is not correct. I shall get an email to Richard.

* I was looking at booking a 4nt pre-cruise in HK, Azamara told my agent they will not sell that many nights! Their rates online are quite favourable too.

*I was also looking at booking the Orchard for 1nt Singapore post cruise, at Azamara.co.uk this is 99.41 + £44.39 optional transfer for two people (did check!!) however they tell me that is not available to me only to a la carte guests (never heard of this!!) cheapest hotel they have over the phone for my agent to add is the Swissotel which is £282 inc transfers from the ship to hotel. The rate on the system is £170 + £41 transfers. All rates in GBP and for two persons occupying a room.

Confusing!!