Concerned about Voyager reviews

serena_17

I've been reading some recent reviews on Voyager of the Seas ahead of our cruise in late Feb.

I must say that the overall tone of the reviews has left me concerned about what to expect.

Does anyone have any positive feedback from a recent Voyager cruise?

I would quit reading the reviews, it's too late to change your mind.. But if you keep your expectations low you'll find most the time you're pleasantly surprised. Everytime I've read the bad review when I finally get on the ship I always think those people must be talking about a different ship! But I'm easy to please. You're going to have an great trip. I'd trade you places in a heartbeat. I have nothing planned next month but work.

I would take the cruise reviews with a grain of salt. If you look at the people that post the negative reviews, they usually are one time posters, which means the only reason they joined cruise critic is to complain. Sometimes you can find fairly objective reviews on the forum, but even then, that's their experience. Go for yourself and experience it for yourself. I find that the reviews tend to be nitpicky, which generally means they were looking for stuff to complain about. Don't worry about it, just go prepared to have a good time.

I've been reading some recent reviews on Voyager of the Seas ahead of our cruise in late Feb.

I must say that the overall tone of the reviews has left me concerned about what to expect.

Does anyone have any positive feedback from a recent Voyager cruise?

Just off the Voyager two weeks ago (onboard for over a month)...and we had a wonderful time. The crew was excellent...all of them. The ship was always clean and in great shape. We would be happy to answer any questions if you have anything specific you'd like to know about the Voyager. :)

Note: Even the embarkation at the OPT (Overseas Passenger Terminal) in Sydney was one of the fastest and most organized we've seen anywhere in the world.

I agree with everyone is saying. When I began cruising 7 cruise ago the same would happen to me. I would read the reviews and worry but I he never been on a cruise and not had a great time. A day on a ship is better than a day on land. Have a great time

This is like an echo chamber, so I'm going to join in the echo :)

Every time I've cruised, on any line, I've found reviews that have made me think "what have I done?". And every time, things have turned out fine. The problems that have cropped up have been "one offs" that wouldn't necessarily apply to anyone else. For example, last year on the Allure, there was a new cabin being added beside my cabin, which led to a huge amount of noise and smells of welding. That was sailing specific though - I wouldn't warn people away from the cabin I had as they're not going to do that every sailing!

Similarly if someone complains that the staff are surly - maybe the reviewer is just objectionable, maybe the staff were having a giant simultaneous bad day, Maybe your experience will be completely different, because you'll give them a smile and an appreciative thank you.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. The rational part of me did think "people are more likely to complain than compliment"; however there is always a seed of doubt.

We're pretty easy to please, we don't expect the cruise line to be responsible for entertaining us 24/7. If we have a clean environment, good food and polite service, then we're happy.

I'm sure we'll be fine :)

• 3 months later...

We are soon to cruise for the very first time on VOS.

My thoughts are that people need to do a lot of research prior to boarding, especially first timers. There are things that I have researched that if I didnt know about prior to boarding may really bug me once on board. An accumilation of these over the crusie may result in an unhappy crusier. Read a lot and ask lots of questions is my advice.

Everyone has different expectations and standards of what they consider is good. This is noticable with the reviews of food on board as these vary a lot. I have noticed in the reviews that people who get sick on board have a bad time, which is understandable.

• 2 months later...
I would take the cruise reviews with a grain of salt. If you look at the people that post the negative reviews, they usually are one time posters, which means the only reason they joined cruise critic is to complain. Sometimes you can find fairly objective reviews on the forum, but even then, that's their experience. Go for yourself and experience it for yourself. I find that the reviews tend to be nitpicky, which generally means they were looking for stuff to complain about. Don't worry about it, just go prepared to have a good time.

If people write a negative review there's often very good reason apart from them being complainers or nitpickers. That's the value of posting on CC. We all have different opinions and views to share with others - some helpful, some not so helpful. For those venting it's an opportunity to gain support, new ideas, solutions and to find out if their situation is a one off or typical of what's going on. Of course every post is someone's experience or opinion and there are many, many positive informative posts. However, I do agree that you just need to take the plunge and experience Voyager for yourself so that we can all read your post. :):)

Waves away!

We cruised on a full sailing on Voyager late last year and were happy with almost every aspect. It is the largest ship sailing out of Aussie waters on a regular basis so you need to expect large numbers on board. That said, I truly found the passengers spread out all over the ship. I always found a lounge by the pool, we always found a table in Windjammer and we never waited more than 5 minutes for a drink, even by the pool.

This is a family ship and caters to families, that means lots of activities and lots of variety in entertainment. Go with an open mind and don't look for faults. It's your holiday, make if it what you will and don't worry about other's views. We are pretty low maintenance but found it was honestly one of the best holidays we have ever taken.