Shareholder Credit Denied

TahoeLady

Doesn't matter what the UK Celebrity website states, it matters what the RCCL Shareholder benefit website states:

Actually you're wrong.

Here in the UK we have consumer protection laws which means they's have to honor what they advertise.

Celebrity UK do occasionally have offers that are not offered elsewhere, such as buy one cruise, get one half price. You need to understand they operate differently to how they do in the US.

I was looking at the X UK site today where bookings have the drinks package and OBC offer and in the terms and conditions it specifically says that the offer IS combinable with various things INCLUDING Shareholder Benefit. There is a separate paragraph showing what it isn't combinable with.

Either this is a mistake on their website (surely not) or they might be changing their policy on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok so I copied the terms of the X offer for the drinks package we have got on our Sep cruise along with my share document and they have honoured the shareholder credit. So not all perks rule out shareholder benefit, check the terms and conditions.

I also seem to have something disqualify my shareholder's credit for the past few years on TAs, especially. The last one, though, I was denied because "I had a Classic Beverage package" as a perk. Since X doesn't give drink packages on TAs, I replied that I didn't have a drink package and wanted the credit. I contacted my travel agent and she said, make them give you the drink package ... which they did! It was, of course, much better than the SH credit and, since they were convinced I had it, who am I to argue? LOL

I bought RCL when it was very low, it has been a good stock, and I got much more than I ever paid in credits over the years. I even forget to even ask sometimes, now. I do know that I have to prove ownership within 90 days of the sailing date so I am not sure how far out you can request it. Anyway, it is a good investment, gives me occasional benefits and sometimes benefits fall into my lap!!!!

I do know that I have to prove ownership within 90 days of the sailing date so I am not sure how far out you can request it.

beebell, I'm not sure how far out you can request it either, but we already have it for the September, 2017 transpacific--Vancouver to Tokyo.

We have spoken to several Celebrity and RCI staff about the stockholder credit. There is no secret about the issue. RCI (the corporate holding company) has a CEO who has dictated that the company policy is not to allow the "stacking of credits." In practice this means that if you book with most of decent promos (like 1-2-3) they will deny your stockholder credit because you got a "promotional rate." Many RCI/Celebrity cruisers have, accordingly, not been able to get a stockholder credit in years! We would add that the policy followed by CCL companies (i.e. Princess, HAL, etc) is totally different and they will nearly always grant the credit...in "addition" to any other promotions or discounts.

Hank

Strange isn't it, book a suite/balcony at a high rate but with a free drinks package/OBC and get no shareholder benefit, book a much less expensive inside cabin or late availability cabin with no perk and get the shareholder benefit.

Some years ago, before the 1,2,3 Go! and Good, Better, Best Promos, we had a coupon for a $50 discount on our cabin so we used it. Many months later, when we tried to get our $200 shareholder credit ($100 for each of us), we were told we weren't eligible because of the $50 discount. So, I asked, "how about you just give us $150 off?" No go. Our travel agent had to re-book us without the discount so we could get the shareholder credit. It was a serious waste of time for a small financial gain.