Hotels in Copenhagen

I'm looking for hotels in Copenhagen, preferably near the airport and not $300.00 a night. Any suggestions? I have one downtown hotel but would rather stay near the airport.

I found one hotel called the Best Western Hotel City but it says it's in the financial district. I don't know if it is near the Stoget shopping street or Tivoli or anything other than businesses. Does anyone know anything about this hotel?

Thanks for any information anyone can give me.

Not near the airport...

...but, a colleague at work recommended me to the Hotel Kong Arthur...and we stayed there for several days pre-cruise in 2001...

Very reasonably priced and charming little hotel...near Rosenborg Palace and a reasonable walk to the Stroget, Tivoli, etc. In sort of a quiet residential area to the west of center...

http://www.kongarthur.dk/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review?geo=189541&detail=232098&from=Home&inMonth=07/2006&inDay=28&outMonth=07/2006&outDay=30&adults=2&hs=hac4:10023

We enjoyed it and I would stay there again...

Yes it is right at the airport but the train to downtown is a skybridge away. It was clean nice and a great buffet breakfast. My second choice having seen the hotels would be the Soffitel in Copenhagen right next to the train station and it looked nice. The Royal Scandinavian is the third runner up. Keep in mind some of Copenhagen has a seedy element that can be off putting. Have a good time and prepare to spend a fortune at restaurants. It cost us 40 dollars for two soups and two beers. Yikes.

Is the Hotel King Arthur right next to the Airport? We are flying in about 8:50 at night and have to leave at 10:00 the next morning.

We would just like a small hotel to spend the night and then walk around a little early in the morning before we catch the plane home.

Any suggestions?

Is the Hotel King Arthur right next to the Airport? We are flying in about 8:50 at night and have to leave at 10:00 the next morning.

We would just like a small hotel to spend the night and then walk around a little early in the morning before we catch the plane home.

Any suggestions?

I think the Hotel Kong Arthur is downtown rather than near the airport. I emailed them several days ago for information about making a reservation and never heard back from them.

Several people recommended that I try TripAdvisor.com for hotel information and I've found it to be more valuable than any other place I've looked at.

I think the Hotel Kong Arthur is downtown rather than near the airport. I emailed them several days ago for information about making a reservation and never heard back from them.

Several people recommended that I try TripAdvisor.com for hotel information and I've found it to be more valuable than any other place I've looked at.

This may sound really funny...but, maybe if you E-Mailed them in Danish... :)

Seriously, when we made our reservation over the net, our confirmation came back...completely in Danish...I actually found a Danish-English translation wesite and was able to translate the confirmation into English...

Yes, the Kong Arthur (And it's "Kong", not "King"...Kong is the Danish word for King) is near downtown--not near the airport...

And, yes, TripAdvisor is my favorite hotel-finding tool as well...

This may sound really funny...but, maybe if you E-Mailed them in Danish... :)

Seriously, when we made our reservation over the net, our confirmation came back...completely in Danish...I actually found a Danish-English translation wesite and was able to translate the confirmation into English...

Their web site has a link to their English site. I filled out the request form on the web site. Never got a reply from them.

I'm looking for hotels in Copenhagen, preferably near the airport and not $300.00 a night. Any suggestions? I have one downtown hotel but would rather stay near the airport.

I found one hotel called the Best Western Hotel City but it says it's in the financial district. I don't know if it is near the Stoget shopping street or Tivoli or anything other than businesses. Does anyone know anything about this hotel?

Thanks for any information anyone can give me.

Our party of 8 stayed at the Hotel Guldesmeden in August. Rooms were wonderful, clean, comfortable beds. People were extremely friendly. Great breakfast served in main building. A word of caution, from the outside it doesn't look like a hotel. When we arrived, we were wondering what we had booked. The hotel was off the street in kind of an alley, No signage. Check in before you haul your luggage into the elevator. You might not be in the main building. Our rate was about $140 us/double occ.

Archived