Dawn Princess couple of questions

Hello guys...

our cruise is days away! very exciting!

Have some questions, hopefully you would be able to answer some of them

1. How many bottles of water are we allowed to bring on the ship?

2. Will be travelling with 2 kids, and the oldest will be 3 weeks away from turning 3.. does it mean he will not be able to be on his own in the kids club? as they start from 3 years - 7 years? how strict are they?

3. anything we must pack for kids? i am thinking of taking some sand toys with us for the kids to play. (2 kids under 3)

many thanks!

1. You can take as many bottles of water with you as you like. You can pack a case of water and just put a luggage tag with your name and cabin number on it and it will be delivered to your cabin. You might also like to consider that there is no need to drink bottled water. The tap water on the ships is as pure, and probably purer, than what you would get in bottles. We take empty bottles with us to fill up to take ashore. Your choice. :)

2. I believe the staff in the Kids Club have to be strict on the ages of kids allowed to be there without parental supervision. If there are not a lot of children on board, the staff might bend the rules, but I do not think they can. :) You mention that you have two kids under three. While you are there watching the younger one, you will be watching the older one.

3. Presumably the sand toys you mention are for one of your ports of call. Maybe so. I would definitely take some of their favourite books and a few toys for them to have in the cabin. At the age your kids are, I know they would have favourite books that they never tire of having read to them. :) I've got grandkids.

Other people have mentioned that it is helpful to have a stroller for the kids. It makes getting around on the ship easier and faster, as well as when you go ashore. The ship will give you cots and a highchair for the dining room.

Have a great cruise.

Edited by Aus Traveller

1 more question..

one of our ports of call will be Noumea, and i would love to go on the Tchou Tchou Train.... however we dont feel like paying $400 for the family of 4...

have tried to book directly through City Discovery and just received email advising they cant do the date we will be at the port..

is there any other ways to book it? through City Discovery it was only $60 as kids under 4 are free! yet cruise ship charges 80$ +...... just find it ridiculous!