Are Platinum's still getting the chocolate covered strawberries?

crusinpsychRN

Each time they've appeared in our cabin the strawberries have been over ripe and I cannot eat them. I can't even eat a banana with a brown spot on it or an apple with any type of bruise. My husband says I'm weird, and I'm ok with that! The Carnival strawberries freak me out a little bit.

Maybe some ships have different rules! My mom and I are both platinum and every time we sail together in the same cabin, we only get 1 plate. But we both get the gifts and pins.

When I sailed with my boyfriend on his 1st cruise, they sent the 1 plate to the room and gave us both the platinum gifts even though he wasn't platinum.

Lots of complaints here about the strawberries. Reminds me of years back when I worked in a factory. They gave each of us a turkey and a $20 gift certificate for Christmas. You should have heard all the complaining about how cheap the company was only giving us a crappy turkey and a measly 20 bucks, Next year nothing. So, Carnival reads these threads too and maybe on your next cruise you will be looking for the treat that never comes.

Maybe some ships have different rules! My mom and I are both platinum and every time we sail together in the same cabin, we only get 1 plate. But we both get the gifts and pins.

When I sailed with my boyfriend on his 1st cruise, they sent the 1 plate to the room and gave us both the platinum gifts even though he wasn't platinum.

DW and I get two platinum gifts but one plate of "stuff".

I dont understand why they give them to us if they are not fit to eat.

I would have thought that someone would have inspected/noticed before delivery.

That is one thing I would not care if it was cut. Even if they are delicious, perfect, whatever - I don't usually eat them or maybe just a bite. I get more than enough food on the cruise.

This weekend we will be getting on the ship as new platinum cruisers. I didn't know that we would be getting a plate of goodies. This will be a nice surprise!! Not bothered at all if we share one plate or not. Thank you for the info crusinpsychRN!!

Just off the Breeze yesterday.....2 plates- no strawberries. There were 2 fudge balls,

a yellow gelatin looking thing that I wouldn't try, egg white colored meringue things

that were horrible! Carnival should be embarrassed to provide something this bad as a treat for loyalty!

Just off the Breeze yesterday.....2 plates- no strawberries. There were 2 fudge balls,

a yellow gelatin looking thing that I wouldn't try, egg white colored meringue things

that were horrible! Carnival should be embarrassed to provide something this bad as a treat for loyalty!

They don't care about loyalty. They want first timers who spend spend spend.

One plate but 2 of everything on it. Same as with the canapes when they used to give those to us also. Always liked the chocolate plate better than the canapes. So far always had strawberries, and no bad ones yet. Some weren't great but not bad.