HAL Newbie--Arrival Time Advice?

js10

Preparing for my first HAL cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. Any advice on the earliest time to arrive at the port on the morning of the cruise?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Forums mobile app

Preparing for my first HAL cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. Any advice on the earliest time to arrive at the port on the morning of the cruise?

Normally they open for boarding at around 11:30.

You will find several hundred people there around 11:00 waiting to board ship. It usually only takes a couple of minutes to get checked in, so rest of your time depending when you get there will be sitting and waiting.

We take a taxi from our hotel about 10:15, and arrive at the Port Everglades terminal about 10:30. By the time we get through the check in process, and take a seat, we have only had a half hour or so to wait as they typically start the boarding process right about 11:45 a.m.

We try to arrive at the door to the terminal (whatever port we are at) at around 10-10:30am Local Time. Nearly the first to arrive, which makes for near the head of the line BUT, longest wait time until the ship starts embarkation at around 11:30am.

Arriving early, as we prefer, does give you a better chance at relaxing prior to boarding and also enables you to meet some of your fellow passengers:)

Joanie

We usually arrive between 10:30 and 11.

Boarding usually starts at 11:30.

HAL started a new program a couple of years ago where the cabins are usually ready at 11:30. That gives you a chance to drop off carry-ons, etc. in your cabin and then either go to lunch or explore the ship, basically do whatever you want to do. We usually go and confirm all specialty restaurants that I have pre-booked.