Port of New Orleans

MellyTea

I personally like to park at the port. It is so easy! Drive right up, pay. You stop and give porters the luggage, drive on and park. Take elevator to terminal. It is that easy. Then when you leave it is so easy just to walk off the ship to your car.

No waiting for bus etc to back to where your car is.

Edited by wecamp

Are you able to reserve parking at the port? Sounds like the pricing is comparable to others I saw online,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Nope, just show up, pay, pull up so the porters can take your bags, park and a short walk later you're checking in.

We use Fulton only when going NCL.. The NCL parking area sucks.

When we go carnival we use the port parking. Very confident. Not gonna shuttle to save a few bucks then.

We have only once paid ahead for Fulton.pay as we enter.same price. Some people like the roof top to save a few dollars.

• 3 weeks later...
If we park at fulton can we walk to the cruise terminal? Looking at a cruise on the triumph in dec. 1st time there and 1st time on a cruise.

Yes, I think it is walking distance to the port from Fulton. I think we did that once. But they do have the free shuttles, if you don't mind waiting.

We are planning to stay an extra 2 nights at an airport hotel in New Orleans.

Hotel doesn't offer shuttle to French Quarter area. Taxis seem really high...looks like an extra charge due to airport???

Has anyone used Uber in such instances?

Id use the free shuttle at fulton. I parked there once and we had the hotel kinda next door which included fulton.

Just walking across the street on those bumpy roads that they paved with rocks I think, i broke a wheel on my suitcase and for the rest of the cruise it was a pain.

I seem to remember having to lug it up and down high curbs near the garage.

I only used it once. We usually stay at a hotel across the river, quality inn? which includes shuttle to and from the port. Friendly drivers and huge breakfast. The hotel isnt anything great but you park your car and they do the rest.

We are planning to stay an extra 2 nights at an airport hotel in New Orleans.

Hotel doesn't offer shuttle to French Quarter area. Taxis seem really high...looks like an extra charge due to airport???

Has anyone used Uber in such instances?

Thats why I never stay near the airport, no matter what the rate is. Get a hotel on hotwire or some place like the Garden area if you need to save a few bucks, where you will be within walking distance of french qtr.

Ive gone out of New Orleans about 15 times now Id guess.

• 3 weeks later...
If we park at fulton can we walk to the cruise terminal? Looking at a cruise on the triumph in dec. 1st time there and 1st time on a cruise.

I wouldn't suggest walking. The shuttles run regularly so you shouldn't have much, if any, of a wait. There is the convention center that is positioned between the port and the garage so you would have a little ways to walk to get there since you're normally unable to walk thru the convention center.

We've parked both at the port numerous times and at Fulton once. We have no complaints with either. Parking at the port is more convenient and the last time we cruised, we were with another couple so we split the cost of parking at the port. Quick, easy and convenient. However, when we cruise out of NOLA again by ourselves, we will probably part at Fulton since it's considerably cheaper.