Bistro on embarkation day.

jealdaka

Yup and it's a great place to go, no crowds, there's room to stash your carry-on luggage while you eat, etc.

We will be on the Sillohuette in less than three weeks and were wondering if the Porch is also a good option for avoiding the crowds in the buffet. Does anyone know what the fees are these days? Thanks!

We will be on the Sillohuette in less than three weeks and were wondering if the Porch is also a good option for avoiding the crowds in the buffet. Does anyone know what the fees are these days? Thanks!

The last I knew, The Porch was $25 per person. It had become seafood rather than the soup, salad and sandwiches of a year ago.

Yup and it's a great place to go, no crowds, there's room to stash your carry-on luggage while you eat, etc.

Agreed! That is our standard lunch spot on embarkation. We head straight there and relax with a glass of wine, attentive service, and wait for the announcement that our cabin is ready. So much more civilized and calm than going to the buffet.

Will Bistro on Five be open on embarkation day for lunch?

I think it will depend on when and on what ship you are cruising on. Everything I've read points to it changing over to a Sushi/Noodle venue on the Reflection just prior to our cruise.

I kind of like the Bistro the way it was on the Summit which included some daily specials and items other than just crepes and sandwiches.

Coming from the cold, cold north, I prefer to go to the buffet and then sit outside on embarkation day but I still like the Bistro for other lunches.

Will Bistro on Five be open on embarkation day for lunch?

I did not notice if it was embarkation day or not, but it was a ghost town the entire 11 day cruise. I do not remember seeing one customer there the entire cruise. Same thing with Micheal's Club; I felt sorry for the persons in charge of that room. I have no idea how they stayed awake.

Bistro has always been a good choice for avoiding the mass rush in the buffet. That's where we would always head. However, at $10 per per person now (double what it was our last cruise early last year) it represents less value than it did. Will decide when we board whether we patronize for lunch that day or head to mast bar, or buffet, for no-charge fare.

For us' date=' $10pp is WELL worth the peace and civility of embarkation lunch time!! Not to mention the delicious crepes and other sweet and savory selections![/quote']

Definitely!

The problem is that we are hearing reports of a completely different menu, and a cost of $15 per person now.

At $5 per person, we were more than happy to pay.

At $7 per person, we grumbled, but prices to go up.

At $10, we had to decide, but we ate there anyway (even with paying for a party of 6), because the ship was packed and stacked with people.

At $15, I'm just not sure it is worth it. I think I would be more inclined to do the Gastrobar, but it is only on the one ship and there are no plans to expand that experiment. If I could pay $10 for the old menu, and purchase new or additional items a la carte, I might, but Celebrity doesn't do that (and I really don't want them to start).

On the other hand, if embarkation is as crazy as expected on February 14, I might just pay it to avoid the crazy upstairs. We had a really nice lunch on December 27, and they took EXCELLENT care of my daughter, including her food allergies.

For us' date=' $10pp is WELL worth the peace and civility of embarkation lunch time!! Not to mention the delicious crepes and other sweet and savory selections![/quote']

maybe but saw some where it was going up to $15pp so not sure will use it this time.

We purchased the Ultimate Dining Package as soon as we boarded and ended up at the Porch (they open at 12, but we were able to sit before then). It was such a relaxing place to be! I think it's $30 pp, which I probably wouldn't have paid for lunch, but we loved it there.