Adding a person to a room on NCL

mrneil001

Good morning! Im about to book my first NCL cruise and had a question. On my previous cruises with Carnival, if I wanted to add a person to my room all I had to do was call and pay the extra taxes/port fees. Does it work the same way at NCL?

Thanks in advance.

I assume you mean adding another guest 3-8 to a room that already has 2 (or more) passengers booked in it.

In most cases, every additional passenger has to pay an additional cruise fare. Passengers 3-8 usually pay less than passengers 1 & 2, and for some cruises there is special offer where the cruise fare for passengers 3 & 4 is free and they only pay taxes and fees. It sounds like you had similar promotions on Carnival. You need to look up the cruise you are interested in on NCL.com and see how much they are charging right now for each passenger. The cruises that have free cruise fare for guests 3 & 4 are marked "Free Extra Guests" or "Friends & Family Sail Free".

Keep in mind that if you decide to add the extra person later on, the price may change (up or down). And even if there is room in your cabin, that part of the ship may already be at maximum capacity and they won't let you add anyone. So if the price looks OK to you now, it's probably best to book everyone into the room now. You can cancel passengers 3-8 for free up until a few weeks before the cruise (see here for full details of the cancellation policy).

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Good morning! Im about to book my first NCL cruise and had a question. On my previous cruises with Carnival, if I wanted to add a person to my room all I had to do was call and pay the extra taxes/port fees. Does it work the same way at NCL?

Thanks in advance.

Yes.

I am assuming that you are sailing solo, and want to add the second guest. If you are asking about adding guests above the second guest, then of course you have to pay their fare.

I assume you mean adding another guest 3-8 to a room that already has 2 (or more) passengers booked in it.

In most cases, every additional passenger has to pay an additional cruise fare. Passengers 3-8 usually pay less than passengers 1 & 2, and for some cruises there is special offer where the cruise fare for passengers 3 & 4 is free and they only pay taxes and fees. It sounds like you had similar promotions on Carnival. You need to look up the cruise you are interested in on NCL.com and see how much they are charging right now for each passenger. The cruises that have free cruise fare for guests 3 & 4 are marked "Free Extra Guests" or "Friends & Family Sail Free".

Keep in mind that if you decide to add the extra person later on, the price may change (up or down). And even if there is room in your cabin, that part of the ship may already be at maximum capacity and they won't let you add anyone. So if the price looks OK to you now, it's probably best to book everyone into the room now. You can cancel passengers 3-8 for free up until a few weeks before the cruise (see here for full details of the cancellation policy).

Do pay attention to the concern above about ship capacity.

It's actually "lifeboat capacity", so it's not just "total number on board", but how they would be distributed by zone among the lifeboats.

You can add the real name/birthday, or some fictitious name/birthday to "hold the spot".

Just be SURE to cancel BEFORE any penalty dates, if you decide there won't be any additions.

Do pay attention to the concern above about ship capacity.

It's actually "lifeboat capacity", so it's not just "total number on board", but how they would be distributed by zone among the lifeboats.

You can add the real name/birthday, or some fictitious name/birthday to "hold the spot".

Just be SURE to cancel BEFORE any penalty dates, if you decide there won't be any additions.

Would people stop on this lifeboat thing. It is a myth. There are enough seats in the lifeboat for every zone to have every berth on the ship filled.

Would people stop on this lifeboat thing. It is a myth. There are enough seats in the lifeboat for every zone to have every berth on the ship filled.

We were turned down to add a 4th to a cabin that was sold as accommodating 4. (we had 3 booked) They told us it was due to lifeboat capacity being maxed for that section.

• Like 1

Sorry, not a myth at all. Of course there are lifeboat capacity for everyone sailing on the ship.....however if you try to add after that section of cabins has reached passenger capacity you will not be able to add another person.

• Like 1