Can I do this?

funhouse8

Hi, I'm looking into taking my family on a cruise vacation. There are 6 of us. My older son wants his own room. Which is big bucks. (he said he would pay.) Can I book three rooms and then have my three children share a room so he can have his own room (paying differnce) or do you have to stay in the room they have on the reservation. Thanks

Once you are on the ship and as long as your kids don't cause any problems (loud noises, etc.) that get reported to the pursor's office you shouldn't have any problem. How old is your son? If he is less than the minimum age for his own cabin (it differs by cruise line from 18 to 25) you may have a problem. Check with your travel agent or cruise booking agent and see what they think.

Have a great next cruise.

He will be 23years old but if i'm in the cabin next to him is this a problem? I have to put the kids in a different cabin anyway because we don't fit in one. Is this possible? the ages of the kids will be 23, 21, 17 & 16

Once you have the rooms it won't make a difference who sleeps where. They don't do bed checks. They're your 3 rooms for the week. With any luck you'll have the same room steward for all 3 rooms and not find yourself at the dividing line between stewards. It would make it easier come tipping time.

Then again (being said only in jest here folks) there might be some nights your son doesn't come back to the room at all or has company that does not include your family. :D Hey, I have a 23 year old son and I know he'd be on the prowl every night.......... especially if he was willing to pay the extra charge for his own room.

poppabear

Does your son realize he's going to be paying 200% of the regular cruise fare? Pretty steep for most young men.

Your kids can stay in one room together, that's no problem whatsoever.

BTW, there's no cruise line that has age 25 as a limit for cruising alone. They are all either 18 or 21. Where the confusion is: If a person cruising is under the required age for cruising, be it 18 or 21, and they are cruising without their parents on the ship, they have to be in a room with someone age 25 or older to have their own room.

Does your son realize he's going to be paying 200% of the regular cruise fare? Pretty steep for most young men.

Your kids can stay in one room together, that's no problem whatsoever.

BTW, there's no cruise line that has age 25 as a limit for cruising alone. They are all either 18 or 21. Where the confusion is: If a person cruising is under the required age for cruising, be it 18 or 21, and they are cruising without their parents on the ship, they have to be in a room with someone age 25 or older to have their own room.

Thanks for clearing this up about the age.

It will only cost him an extra $420 dollars because I could split up the reservation to 3 rooms instead of two. The cost for four in a room is 2,856.64 and the cost for two rooms (2 in each) is $3276.64 that is a differnce of $420.

It will only cost him an extra $420 dollars because I could split up the reservation to 3 rooms instead of two. The cost for four in a room is 2,856.64 and the cost for two rooms (2 in each) is $3276.64 that is a differnce of $420.

I assume you requested the quote for 2 people per cabin, right? If you are planning to put 3 people in a 2 people cabin when you are on the ship, that will not work. The cabin you booked will likely only allow to accommodate 2 people and most cabin will not allow roll away if it is not meant for 3 people to begin with (fire code). :eek:

Just be sure and book a room with hide-a-bed couch. We are two people staying in a room with queen bed, hide-a-bed and a 3rd pullman bed (pulls out from wall). Our TA booked this room for us along with the one next door for our 2 best friends (same setup) Unfortunately I did not realize until wayyyy after final payment and feel bad that someone with kids could have used this room as we dont need all the beds. We sleep in the same one :)

If you are cruising during peak times== you wont be able to book 2 kids in one room and 2 kids in another--- coz there wont be enough beds. unless one of thecabins was a triple. If you are cruising during high peak season the cruise lines wont allow that.

the 23 and the 21 could get a cabin--the other two will need an adult booked intot he cabin which can change once ya get onboard.

Just be sure and book a room with hide-a-bed couch. We are two people staying in a room with queen bed, hide-a-bed and a 3rd pullman bed (pulls out from wall). Our TA booked this room for us along with the one next door for our 2 best friends (same setup) Unfortunately I did not realize until wayyyy after final payment and feel bad that someone with kids could have used this room as we dont need all the beds. We sleep in the same one :)

wow - i am impressed that your agent did do this-- this is a cruise over thanksgiving week? Curious to know if youbooked with the cruiselines or with a travel agent? and if the space was needed could you lose your cabin and be moved to one that onl holds 2 people??

Most sofa in a regular cabin is a love seat, unless your son is a 3-5 yr old, that would not work. I have heard people booked a specific cabin and got moved before. Also, if you book a specific cabin you will lost out on a chance for upgrades.

once i make the reservation and pick the statroom they can move me? I thought that was the reason for picking your room before hand. How big is the sofa in the room. could my son sleep there if they changed our cabin?

Yes--- if you booked a cabin for 4 people but only 3 people go-- you might be moved- It depends on when you sail. High family peak times they want to sell that extra bed.

Sometimes also-- for the 3rd person the sofa is not always a bed. The sofa back comes off and slides down. thats how the bed is made. IF you are talking about that teen boy sleeping on a sofa--- .

i think what you are looking at is 3 rooms on the same deck- not next to each other but every other cabin. Unless you can find 3 cabins that sleep two people next to each other.

Because you want all the cabins in the same area you do not want to book guarantee..

When are you looking to book and what ship are you looking at?

I see that is high peak holiday time- You will be sailing over the New Years Eve. 6 nights too.

See if you can work with an agent to give you a group booking. The worse they can say is no. SOme groups you need 8 cabins some 6.

Enchantment is a ship that allows rollaways so if needed you could get one of those.

Insides cat k is going for 829. pp with oceanview cat I going for 909pp and the 3rd and 4th person rate is 609. These prices include taxes and port charges.

Its only a 600 savings to book 2 cabins instead of 3. FOr 600 I would problay take the three cabins. You are pretty far out now to get thecabins of your choice but wouldnt wait on it too long as it will sell out quickly.

Enchantment is a ship that allows rollaways so if needed you could get one of those.

Thanks, this is what I needed to know. My son said he would rather pay the extra money so his brother would have a bed and as long as I can get a roll away for the other room. this won't be a problem anymore. Everyone will be on the same charge card except my older son who can drink like a fish.

to quote from a post without typing it all out?? on every post is a quote button. if you want to answer a certain post-- click on the quote button in that particual post you want to reply to. Want only certain parts--- delete the parts you dont want to reply to-- just make sure all the bracketts stay put.

We have been booked in quad rooms as just a double and not been moved, even on a full ship. Just because a ship is full, or it is a holiday sailing does not mean they will fill every berth. As a matter of fact, they cannot fill every berth, there are just so many bodies a ship will hold and that depends on how much space the lifeboats allow, not the amount of beds that are on the ship.

So, if you book rooms in advance, go ahead and try to get a triple or a quad for one of your rooms. I doubt they will move you and your boys will be able to sleep where you want them to.

Is this something that Carnival does on a regular basis? I can understand having a minimum for family suites, but geeze, to only allow 4 people in a quad, or 3 people in a triple sounds a bit weird to me. After checking the deck plans on Enchantment, almost every balcony cabin on decks 7 and 8 are indicated as triples, I think many of those cabins only sail with 2 people.

If you are worried about getting bumped involuntarily, I would make sure you get what you want in writing through your TA or the cruisline before putting down a deposit on the cabins.

to quote from a post without typing it all out?? on every post is a quote button. if you want to answer a certain post-- click on the quote button in that particual post you want to reply to. Want only certain parts--- delete the parts you dont want to reply to-- just make sure all the bracketts stay put.

Sorry, Thanks for letting me know!

Archived