Holiday Inn on 17yh street

cruiseaway7522

We have stayed here, and as stated is absolutely perfect for a one night stay before your cruise departs. We love to walk down to the causeway bridge, maybe 3-4 blocks and watch the ship departures from this vantage point, and enjoy the feeling that we are doing this tomorrow. Strip mall out back , the Harbor Shops, have everything you need for your evening. Multiple Restaurants, stores and wine store options. We try to hit the included breakfast early, and use their subcontractor shuttle to port, and to airport. More expensive than a cab, but stress free for us. We book early and usually get a good rate. :)

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn on 17the Street, if you can get a good rate it is OK for one night, other than that I would look elsewhere.

Ditto. It does have a very nice included in price breakfast, but as James says, it is ok for one night if you get a good rate, but I usually find their rates way more than a reasonable amount, for what it is.

Edited by SMSACE6

For anyone that has stayed here before- I contacted hotel about shuttle to the port and they said we could sign up at check-in for either 10:30-11:30 or 12:30 departures. Cost $8.00 per person. They said if we want to get there later we could take a taxi for $10.

I prefer to take a cab maybe around 10:00. Are cabs already at the hotel or does the hotel need to call a cab for us? Will they do that or is there pressure to use their shuttle?

Not quite sure why the hotel said we could take a cab after the 12:30 shuttle.

For anyone that has stayed here before- I contacted hotel about shuttle to the port and they said we could sign up at check-in for either 10:30-11:30 or 12:30 departures. Cost $8.00 per person. They said if we want to get there later we could take a taxi for $10.

I prefer to take a cab maybe around 10:00. Are cabs already at the hotel or does the hotel need to call a cab for us? Will they do that or is there pressure to use their shuttle?

Take a cab - it will be cheaper, faster and have fewer hassles. If there are many ships in port there will be many hotel guests signing up for the shuttles and that could make for a long shuttle ride if your ship is at the terminal furthest from the entrance to Port Everglades. If there are no cabs waiting and the front desk won't call you one (I would be surprised at that), yellow cab's number is 954-777-7777.

They probably meant that you could always catch a cab if you're too late for the 12:30 shuttle. But you can take one at any other time, too.

Stayed there for a one night stay before a cruise. Room was clean, and beds comfortable. Location was excellent for casual restaurants and fast-food places. Could walk to a large wine store in a nearby shopping center. Breakfast was included and while not fancy was good and filling. I think the only thing that it might not have is a swimming pool. You could check further about that. Price at the time we stayed was at the low end of our price range for the 17th Street area. We would stay again.