Loungers on baclony? Zuiderdam aft

Sailingpeace

Did a lot of searches but no success. Sorry if I missed the info.

Are there loungers ,in addition to regular chairs, on the balconies of cabins facing aft on deck four , upper deck promenade? ( 4174,4176,4178,4179 and 4181,4183). Same question for deck five, and are the balconies size different on these two decks ?

Thanks.

Are there loungers ,in addition to regular chairs, on the balconies of cabins facing aft on deck four , upper deck promenade? ( 4174,4176,4178,4179 and 4181,4183). Same question for deck five, and are the balconies size different on these two decks ?

Thanks.

I've been on Decks 5, 6 and 7 aft wraps on Zuiderdam and have been able to look down and see the furniture on all decks below ours and the answer is yes, there are 2 chairs, 1 medium sized table, 1 small table, 2 foot stools and 2 lounge chairs on each of the verandas on the aft. Those are the non SC or SB staterooms (aft wraps) They have a few more pieces of furniture.

Yes, balcony sizes are different. Deck 4 is larger than Deck 5, but Deck 5 is 100% covered where Deck 4 is only about 1/3 covered.

I will try and find my photos of the furniture and the decks tomorrow. My meds have kicked in and I can't look for anything right now.

Joanie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got off the Zuiderdam, aft ( facing aft, looking at the wake) cabin deck 4 , not a corner balcony.

There were two regular chairs and a very very small table. We also had two ottomans. No loungers. Our deck 5 upstairs neighbors had loungers in addition to the regular chairs. Room attendants told us they never saw loungers on deck four but I don't know how long they have been on the ship.

Edited by Sailingpeace

Thanks.

on deck 4 there are extra large balconies at cabins 4164 and 4166. The balconies are twice as wide and extra deep. 4166 had 2 lounge chairs with footstools and a table on Jan 25 Cruise, but I am sure lounge chairs can be obtained by the cabin stewards.:)

on deck 4 there are extra large balconies at cabins 4164 and 4166. The balconies are twice as wide and extra deep. 4166 had 2 lounge chairs with footstools and a table on Jan 25 Cruise, but I am sure lounge chairs can be obtained by the cabin stewards.:)

First a shout out to my good friend IRL_JOANIE. It's been a long time dear friend...hope all is well with you!

We are in 4178 and have friends in 4164 in April for a TA. Can't wait to checkout that Balcony. I hope there is a lounger or two in 4178. I guess I could ask for one to be brought in...hopefully they will.

Yes, balcony sizes are different. Deck 4 is larger than Deck 5, ...
Are you sure about that? Below is a picture of the Zuiderdam before decks 6 to 9 were extended. It looks to me like 5 is larger than 4 ... and remember that the size of the balconies on 4 & 5 were not changed.

2642e5j.jpg

Edited by jtl513