questions on reserving activities on Anthem

jonj

Some of the activities for my Anthem cruise have opened up for booking and I am a bit confused on times available

I thought that the NorthStar only goes out to the side when the ship is in port however it doesn't allow you to book a time when it is in port only after all aboard time. Is this correct or they just haven't opened up all the times yet?

Same with Ifly I though it was open on boarding day but it is not showing any options for that day only on day 2 and later.

Any insight would be appreciated

I'm not sure when the North Star goes over the sides (if that's all the time or select times) but for my 7-night sailing in May I booked the North Star for 9am, which is the arrival time into Bermuda. I would have liked it to be a sea day, but I didn't see any times for it.

As for iFly, not sure about day 1 but there were a lot of times for the rest of the sailing.

From reading reviews the North Star only goes over the sides when in port as it cannot do it while sailing. Thanks for the info

I was thinking the other way around, at sea it goes all the way around and in port not over the sides, maybe I am wrong though, and, with that, I booked ours on a sea day! Either way I'm sure it will be interesting!

From reading reviews the North Star only goes over the sides when in port as it cannot do it while sailing. Thanks for the info

I don't believe that's correct. We went "over the side" while at sea on the Anthem TA. Then RCI began restricting the rides to up and down only in order to save time and allow more people to experience North Star. From what I've read on recent threads, North Star may go over the side later in a cruise when they've satisfied the initial reservations.

Also, from what I read re the early cruises on Anthem, North Star did not go over the side at all when the ship was in port. I don't recall anyone saying that has changed, but if it has, hopefully a recent cruiser will say so.

Edited by Turtles06

Thank you, I obviously was remembering incorrectly.

Anyone know why Ifly is not listed as an option on the day the cruise begins? we are on Anthem out of NJ if that makes a difference

Same with our cruise, noticed that too, and good question!

All we're waiting on now is the dining bookings - and so far the only one that we want to do is Chef's Table.

Same with our cruise, noticed that too, and good question!

All we're waiting on now is the dining bookings - and so far the only one that we want to do is Chef's Table.

When are you sailing? We are on the June 2nd one

Edited by jonj