Princess@Sea App on Caribbean Princess?

frac

I was excited about it, but I ended up not using it at all. We had an aft cabin with zero wifi signal, so the app wasn't usable from our cabin. Once I discovered I would have to go to a public area to use the app I didn't bother.

I found it useful to review my on-board account to make sure all charges were accurate. We did use the text feature a few times but it is not as good as standard messaging and the wifi is a little spotty, so you have to move around to get a good signal at times.

The app itself is kind of useless. All it does is open (shipname).princess.com in the browser. Everything you do is in the browser.

So you can just bypass the app and go directly to (shipname).princess.com in whatever browser you have on your device, or even on your laptop. It's quite useful. It's actually a mobile Patter, and you can mark events to put them in your own personal itinerary. You can message other passengers (beats the old method of leaving post-its in the cabin) but there's no push notifications of messages, so you have to check. You can also check your stateroom charges, and access paid Internet.

Tested this on the Crown, Ruby, Caribbean, and Regal.

Here's a screenshot I happened to take last weekend on the Crown:

79e1befd0e59cee814b35ff16318ed08.jpg

Steve.

Edited by CanadianBurger

It works great to check your stateroom account as well as look at the activities for the day. You can also add your own activities.
Be careful of this. Using the wifi access for Princess you will, indeed, see your stateroom account, but you will also see temporary transactions that will never show up on your printed stateroom account.

For instance, we had a cruise with a change in port/arrival time. What we saw on our cell phone was our excursions being cancelled, and it wasn't until the next day they were reinstated. So the panic I got when I saw our full excursion being cancelled was unnecessary.

So what we experienced were background accounting details which can cause upset, and affect enjoyment of the cruise.