Escape Deck 9 Midship Balcony

luvmylilangels

I have heard that there is a white roof over the walkway of the waterfront that slightly blocks the view of those in a deck 9 balcony. We have a Midship Family Balcony on deck 9 of the Escape booked. It is right in the middle of the ship(B2). Is there anyone that has stayed in these cabins have a picture of what this looks like? Did you have an issue with the roof blocking your view? Thank you.

I don't have a picture, but there is a roof that covers the outdoor seating areas on the Waterfront (Deck 8) If you look straight down from Deck 9 you will be looking at the top of this roof, and the lifeboats beyond them...

Found a pic from my review, figured I'd post it quickly for you. We were deck 9 more aft though..

Looking forward

I just switch from a BF on deck 11 AFT to a B4, Deck 9 MID (Rooms 9856 and 9858). Now I'm a little worried the view might not be as nice.

Interestingly, when I look at the descriptions on NCL's site, for the 9856 it lists the following bullets that are NOT included on 9858.

Pier midship

Convertible Single Sofa Bed

Private Balcony

Floor to Ceiling Window

I'm not sure what that means that there is no note of a private balcony for 9858. Does anyone know the significance of a Pier midship?

Edited by SWFL_Cruising

We just stayed in 9822 last week. I can't explain more than the pictures, but for what it is worth I think the only cabins which can see straight to the ocean are aft wraps or aft balconies, no matter the floor. The life boats are just so huge there is no way you can look down from any floor, the white roof goes out approximately 5 feet and then you have the full width of a 250psgr lifeboat.

That being said, you get used to it.