B2B on Ruby Princess

LOVECRUISING100%

I've done B2B cruises on other cruise lines, but never on Princess.

My experience has been that you meet down at guest service.

A representative would walk us down through customs and

walk us back onto the ship with out new card key. Some B2B's have

included Champagne & a group photo. Very Easy ! No Waiting !

I called Princess and they told me that they don't do anything?

Just wondering what other Princess cruisers experiences have been?

Thank You in advance!

The night before, you will receive your new card and instructions. Either feel free to disembark, or you will be told when/where to meet to go through customs.

And definitely no champagne!

You will be meeting in one of the lounges not guest services. Many people do B2B cruises on Princess, possibly more than on others?

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

We have done a few B2Bs. No champagne yet.:( Also we always have gotten off of the ship early and did an excursion or did a walk around the port area. Have always been able to re-board as soon as the first group of new passengers have started boarding.:) We have never cared for the idea of waiting around with a group of other B2B folks only to get off, go through customs or immigration or whatever they do and then get back on. We enjoy making the day a "port day" of sorts. No muster drill required on the second leg either. :D

Edited by ar1950

I've done B2B cruises on other cruise lines, but never on Princess.

My experience has been that you meet down at guest service.

A representative would walk us down through customs and

walk us back onto the ship with out new card key. Some B2B's have

included Champagne & a group photo. Very Easy ! No Waiting !

I called Princess and they told me that they don't do anything?

Just wondering what other Princess cruisers experiences have been?

Thank You in advance!

For U.S. turnaround ports you will receive detailed instructions in your cabin a day or two before. Read them carefully and follow them. Check the dates on your cruise card when you first board. If you are staying in the same cabin you most likely will have only one cruise card for the entire voyage. If your turnaround is at a port outside the U.S. it is just like any other port day.

Most times there are hundreds, I have been on cruises with as many as 1,100, of passengers doing the b2b, so the meeting location is usually a DR. With so many passengers it would be difficult to do anything special. Everyone must pass through immigration before anyone is allowed back on the ship. Immigration has been known at times to come on board, like in a theater, but the process is the same everyone must be accounted for before you are permitted to re-enter the ship. There is no party, no photo. The International Cafe remains open all the time. The buffet, grill, pizza, some bars, open at 11am. The DR opens at noon.

You have the option of leaving the ship to go into town anytime from the start of debarkation up until the last call. You can then re-board anytime after general boarding has begun. You must bring all the proper immigration documents with you as detailed in the instructions.