1-28-16 Thursday Weigh-In...This Is For Everyone Who Wants To Keep Track Of Their Wei

Belle

Once a week weigh-in thread to keep us on track each week

Better than just thinking your losing ..come in..don't be meek

Can see how other's are losing and they can give you some tips

See how they exercise and see what food goes over their lips

You can give us ideas on exercise and food too on Thursday or on any day

We're all on different food and exercise programs..here can do it your own way

It's nice to have people understand what it's like to try to lose weight

The ups and downs..highs and lows..sometimes it's hard to keep it straight

WE ALL can do it..some lose it slow other faster..but all have the same plan

To lose weight, get healthy..so join us the "Lose Before You Lose Clan"

PS...

( you don't need to have a cruise planned to come in here..it's for everyone)

PSS..Title..last word is weight!

Edited by Belle

Hi, Belle. Sorry I have been MIA lately. I have been extremely busy and haven't had much chance to come on here.

I am up 3 lbs since the holidays. I am having a terrible time getting rid of the holiday weight.

I hope that everyone is doing well.

Rose

Jo..I know.. why do chips and chocolate have

to be bad for us? Only gained less than a pound, you'll

get it off next week.

Rose..Good to see you, I was hoping you weren't

sick. Hope some of your busy was a fun busy.

Know you'll get the gain off soon. Hope you

keep coming in. Miss you.

I stayed the same. Good most of the time..then

off a little...then stay the same again. Need to

really get going and eat clean all the time.

I know WE all question..WE eat right..WE lose but slowly

and then WE go off a little and WE gain fast!

Is that right? NO NO

Ok waiting for the rest of you to report.

Guten morgen everyone. Pretty good week - up 1 to 178 - but still in the sweet spot of my target range so no complaints. Especially after a Sunday binge during football games.

Getting miles on the bike, walking lots of bleachers, and just trying to stay moving as much as possible. Eating a field full of lettuce and lots of lean meats, no alcohol or soda but lots of water and plain coffee - staying on track for the most part.

Problem still is if there are snacks in the house - I find 'em at night and that's what is the hardest in my world.

Heading to Dallas for a quick business trip this weekend - which sucks because tomorrow is my birthday and though I don't really celebrate it - I'd rather be with my dear wife than a plane full of strangers inhaling god-knows-what germs...:(

Birthday dinner is jalapeno/cilantro hummus, grilled chicken, and pita's - stuff we bought at the local farmer's market a couple weeks ago and froze until now. 5 years ago it would have been chicken fried steak, a mountain of french fries, and a few beers - oh how things have changed (for the better!)

Hope to hear how others are doing, what your eating, what exercises are working - stuff like that.

SEE YA'!

Hello everybody!

This week has been crazy busy for me, working late basically every night causing me to struggle to find time to get to the gym (only made it 2 days, should make it 3 tonight). The upside is I must have been too busy to eat because I'm down 2 lbs. this week! About 25 more before I get to where I want to be.

My target is sometime in April-May, hoping to book a last-minute cruise to celebrate once I hit my goal.

Belle, thanks again for the poem, and I agree about chocolate and chips. Why couldn't broccoli taste like either of those?

Hope everyone continues working towards their goals, victory is a great feeling.

Happy Birthday shootr!

Sorry you have to be on a plane on

your day. Even with the gain your in

your weight goal range. That's great!

Drew..Good loss but sorry you got it

by being to busy yo eat. You did good

by getting to the gym some. It worked

you lost.

Yes it should be "chocolate broccoli"

someone should invent it. lol

Try to have a good weekend shootr and Drew.

Mind if I join you all? I booked my next cruise with my family just a few weeks ago and immediately decided that this extra weight is not going on the cruise with me! I have plenty of time, not cruising until the week before Christmas. I'm down 6 lbs. so far, looking to lose at least 50. Joined a gym and logging my foods in MyFitness Pal. Looking forward to offering and receiving support from other cruisers!

Hi all!

shootr ~ wishing you many happy, healthy returns of the day! Enjoy yourself it's your birthday!

IndyGril23 ~ welcome to the thread! :D You're doing great. I think MFP is really a helpful tool but sometimes don't like that I still want more food but have run out of calories.:o

Have a nice weekend. I'll be doing laundry & packing for my cruise on Tuesday.

~ Jo ~ :)

Welcome IndyGirl your starting off good

with your 6 lbs lost and going to the gym.

You'll do good for your cruise.

Jo Bon Voyage! Have a great time and have

a Ice cream for me. (I know usually a drink.) LOL

shootr loved your Birthday candy bar!

Rose hope you got some rest and see you at

least on Thursday.

Drew hope you got some rest too after the

late night working.

Sorry to say the weekend is over and now it's

Monday! Have a good week.

Hey guys, I'd like to join you too! I'm 30 days out from our cruise, but that's not necessarily why I'm trying to lose...just need to focus on a healthier lifestyle. My "baby" just turned 3 yet I'm still holding on to all the baby weight! I'll be frank, starting out this journey today at 192...same that I weighed the morning she was born. So today I got up early and walked on the treadmill for the first time in YEARS! Only made it 15 minutes but it's a start! You guys sound like an encouraging group, exactly what I need [emoji3]. I'm not following any certain plan and no gym membership here, but I'm planning to ditch soda for water, up my fruit and veggie intake, and trade out more of my beloved ribeye for lean meats and fish. It's a start, right?

That's what it was for me - something just had to "click" in my head before I could really commit to changing once and for all.

It is a start and a very good one. The thing to really really remember is it is a first step - to a longer journey. Sometimes the scenery is great along the way, sometimes it's rainy and cold - but as long as you keep moving in a different direction from where you're coming from - the scenery will indeed change and you WILL find your happy place! :-)

Welcome and keep us posted on your journey.

Welcome Fam2..Right it's a start.

Your watching what you eat and walking

on the treadmill. You started because of

the cruise and then you'll just continue

when you come back! Right?

See you on Thursday and then any other day

you want to come in.

I'm Back!

Hubby and I are back from our 16 day cruise to Hawaii. Had a great time with a couple of bumps in the road.

I gained....drum roll please......1 lb.!

Interesting that eventhough hubby and I cruise a ton and have been in horribly rough seas we actually were a bit seasick. That helped keep the weight off if you know what I mean. Took seasick meds and immediately felt better but watched what I ate and not much of it.

Once we got to Hawaii, our first stop Maui (when I was finally feeling myself), some friends picked us up at the port. I ate some quiche they made (I'm the only one who did) and about 6 hours later, well, out it all came. More weight loss help!

The next day an islander told us sometimes people get sick on the Hawaii organic eggs. Not sure if a coincidence.

Hubby and I went to the gym a lot.

Islands beautiful (been before) and weather perfect. Sunny and warm, no rain. Fortunately after Maui I was better to explore the other ports and sail home was smooth.

Happy Bday Shootr and welcome newcomers.

Take care and have a good week.

Diana

Happy you had a good time after you

got sick. Rough seas, you must of hit the

storms just right.

Glad you only gained a pound but sorry

you had to get sick to do it.

You will just have to plan another cruise

to Hawaii to make up for it! :)

Good morning, everyone!

I am heading on my second cruise in August. This one is to Alaska! I would love to lose some weight before then and having a group that supports you is a great way to start! I will weigh in on Thursday and go from there. I know I have at least 50 lbs to lose to get within my goal weight span. I do 30 minutes on my elliptical 4 times a week...but not every week. So, I'm excited to share progress (and pitfalls) with you all!

Hello everyone,

Would love to join this group to help me stay on track and not feel alone through this journey called trying to be healthy and lose some much needed weight. Hope I can provide support and encouragement to all of you as well.

This is week 2 of my journey and I lost 6.2 lbs my first week. I'm focused and motivated to looking and feeling good on my next cruise in January to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday.

Look forward to seeing everyone's progress.

Welcome!

Glad your joining us and know you both

will lose weight and get healthy for

your cruises.

Yes there will be ups and downs but

you can do it by eating right and getting

some exercise each day.

Main thing when you/we have a bad day we just have

to get back on track right away.

See you Thursday and any day you feel like

talking.

Well, I got busy last week and forgot to post my first weigh in. I am at 208.6 lbs. Yikes! Looks like I have work to do! Either that or I need to grow about a foot! I did my elliptical last week for three days and then walked on Friday for 40 minutes instead of the elliptical. I have not done any exercise since Friday. I don't usually exercise on weekends (I hate exercising!), unless it's some kind of activity with family or friends. And Mondays I usually don't exercise b/c I don't sleep well on Sunday nights so I usually try to sleep a little later. However, I'm going to try to get up early on Mondays also to get some more exercise in. I know that exercising can help keep me awake during the day...it's those Monday morning blues that just keep me from doing it! ;)

But, hopefully, I will be back on track and have some kind of loss this week! Good luck to everyone! Have a great week!