Excursions at Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Freeport

BACK2BAHAMAS

My family of five (My husband, myself and 3 children age 19, 16, and 13) are going on our first cruise in July from Baltimore to Bahamas. We are so excited. However the excursions are baffling me. We love the beach, so when we are not on the boat we want to be at the beach.

Stop 1 - Port Canaveral -- what beach is recommended and do we really need to pay for an excursion? Can we just grab a taxi and go.

Stop 2 - Nassau Bahamas -- we were there 5 years ago and spent a week at Atlantis enjoying the slides and all Atlantis has to offer. Since we are only going to be there for a few hours, do we need to plan an excursion just to walk around Atlantis and maybe sit at the beach? We basically want to go back to the places we took family pictures 5 years ago and take the same pics.

Stop 3 - Freeport, Bahamas -- any suggestions on what to do there?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Can't wait to go on our first cruise.

You rarely need excursion for beach trips. Head to your library...pick up a guidebook...it will tell you about all the different beaches in each place....how to get there, amenities at each beach, etc.

The more you know about the places you'll visit, the better your time there will be!

For Port Canaveral a taxi can take you over to Coco Beach. Decent beaches and plenty of options for lunch.

For Freeport you will need to take a taxi into town. There are several nice beaches once you get there. Cab ride is relatively short.

The beaches in Freeport are spectacular, but you have to drive outside of the city and away from the tourists. We rented a car and drove to Lucayan National Park, spent the afternoon at the secluded beaches (very few tourists), and visited the caverns.