Eastern vs. Western with kids

What are your opinions? We have 3 children (3, 8, 9) and are currently booked on the Eastern leg for Allure, which my husband & I have done a few times on different ships. Would you switch to Western for $300 less for the entire cruise? What ports are best for kids? Eastern we know exactly what we'd do in each port (Nassau - nothing, St. Maarten - Maho Beach, St. Thomas - private boat charter). Western ports are Labadee, Falmouth, Cancun. Thanks in advance for your helpful insight!

Personal preference.. I don't think the kids really make a difference. I prefer the beauty of the stops in the eastern itinerary, but for a savings of $300 I personally would switch. That's an extra excursion we could afford that we wouldn't be able to do otherwise.

We have no preference. Kids have enjoyed both sides. Kids will love Labadee with all the activities, Falmouth we did river tubing with our kids, easy float. Mexico we do beach days, kids did parasailing once they were about 8. Either side will be fine.

The $300 saved to go Western would probably pay for most or all of one port's excursions for your crew. That being said, western is a bit more active & excursion intensive so you'll probably need the extra $300. It is a matter of preference, go for what sounds INTERESTING and RELAXING to you. Enjoy your trip.