whale watching in February

a1moty

Has anyone done a whale watching tour? We did one in Alaska and it was wonderful!! Would really like to do it again in the warm Mexican waters??

If you have done one, who did you go with?

We will be there in late February 2006.

I can hardly wait.

:D

We went whale watching last Feb in Cabo. Very good. In Mexico they get much closer to the whales than in Alaska. We did not do the Zodiacs but could see them and they got so close that when one whale surfaced they apperar to be truly in danger of capsizing. I'm not quite that adventurous.

We also did whale watching in Cabo. We just got off the ship and asked for whale watching at the tender pier. We had a choice of Zodiac, small water taxi boat or larger whale watching ship (though smaller than the ships tour boat). We opted for the water taxi and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. We saw lots of whales and or driver was as excited as we were. We were able to get close--but not too close. The bonus was that on the way back I asked if he would mind letting me off at lovers beach and then come back for me in an hour--no problem!!! No addition money was asked for this service but it turned out that both DH and I handsomely tipped our driver.

If I remember the whale watching was about 2 hours and cost $40pp.

We were on Vision last February and took the ship's tour (Zodiac). We spent about an hour within about 100 yards of a Mom Humpback and her calf. At one point Mom, all 70 feet of her, swam right UNDER our Zodiac. Scared the heck out of a few people on board!! We had a stern cabin and on the first sea day going back, two Humpbacks followed about 500 yards behind the ship for hours, rolling over and slapping their pectoral fins. Quite a sight and quite a sound! Certainly sold us on stern cabins in future! February is a great time for Humpbacks and Orcas in that part of the world. Have fun!

Archived