Drinks question!

Moose12345

Can anyone tell me if at Café Al Bacio , International Cocktail coffee such as Aspen Coffee (with alcohol) is included in the classic package.

Also, are there any Martinis included in the classic package or do we need to upgrade for them? I thought I read somewhere that they have 2 sizes of Martinis, so I thought maybe the smaller one might be included.:rolleyes:

Small martini is fine. Coffee too, but not with booze. Simply wait until you get on board and decide then. Absolutely no benefit in upgrading until you see if it is needed plus you can use OBC if you wait.

Just wondering why a drink package as my moose is not allowed any booze and coffee makes him jittery.

Upgrading to premium is about $75 per person for the week...money well spent...you never worry about whether anything is included...we have never been denied anything we ordered. Also, with premium if you ordered something higher and they did charge they only charge the difference (so if $16 drink you would pay $3) with the classic you would pay the full $16.

We never regret paying the fee...taking away the stress about whether something is covered or not is worth the $150 (both of us) for the week.

No reason to stress over what is or isn'tcovered-ask the bartender or server if what you want is cover by your package. They can tell you and if the drink you want isn't covered they can often suggest an alternative that is covered.

Can anyone tell me if at Café Al Bacio , International Cocktail coffee such as Aspen Coffee (with alcohol) is included in the classic package.

Also, are there any Martinis included in the classic package or do we need to upgrade for them? I thought I read somewhere that they have 2 sizes of Martinis, so I thought maybe the smaller one might be included.:rolleyes:

Aspen coffee is included go here and look at menus

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2266065

Edited by snowyboy

Upgrading to premium is about $75 per person for the week...money well spent...you never worry about whether anything is included...we have never been denied anything we ordered. Also, with premium if you ordered something higher and they did charge they only charge the difference (so if $16 drink you would pay $3) with the classic you would pay the full $16.

We never regret paying the fee...taking away the stress about whether something is covered or not is worth the $150 (both of us) for the week.

People seem to fall hard on one side or the other on this point. This'll be my first time with a drink package I'm going to try the basic one first. Figure we're at sea the last coupla days and if we find we want to try more things we'll upgrade then. I'm from Canada and the upgrade isn't nothing ... and given the very very low prices of various beverages in the U.S. compared to Canada spending another $150-$200U.S. feels like I'm buying out the liquor store in some fashion. If you look at the Celebrity website the cost of the classic package if you believe them and were to buy it without it being included is $77 per person Canadian per day ($55 U.S.). That's close to $1100Canadian dollars. Surely I can find something palatable for that amount of money LOL.

We have got the classic package included in the cost. What would premium package give us over the classic. When we booked we were given a list of drinks that the classic package included. Quite comprehensive I thought..... But all this talk of better cocktails has me wondering if I should upgrade when I get on board....

So..... Does anyone have a list of drinks covered by the premium package (cocktails included) and would you have any idea of our upgrade costs on a 13 night cruise in October 16.

Cheers Gary

Oh. First time I have sailed with a drinks package too....

We have got the classic package included in the cost. What would premium package give us over the classic. When we booked we were given a list of drinks that the classic package included. Quite comprehensive I thought..... But all this talk of better cocktails has me wondering if I should upgrade when I get on board....

So..... Does anyone have a list of drinks covered by the premium package (cocktails included) and would you have any idea of our upgrade costs on a 13 night cruise in October 16.

Cheers Gary

We pay the $11.80 US pp, p/day to upgrade, not for the liquor, but the expanded wine and craft beer limit. Last cruise, Nov 15, the red the wifester liked was $13.50 a glass, with the Classic we would have paid 100%, with the Premium we paid .59 cents. Of the 30+ beers on the menu, only 4-5 were covered by the Classic price cap, and they were not good beers. Ok, YES, I am a total beer snob! :D

Then throw in the sparkling water, juice, and coffee choices, and it made sence for us.

EW

Edited by wallie5446

and would you have any idea of our upgrade costs on a 13 night cruise in October 16...

It is the difference in the base cost of the two (2) packages, which is $10.00, then they add the 18% grat which is $1.80 for the total of $11.80 per day to upgrade. Times your 13 day sailing, that would be, $153.40 US per person.

EW

Edited by wallie5446

Thanks so much everyone for all your comments.

We are not wine drinkers and so I think we will try the classic pkg.

first and see how it goes. It sounds like most of the drinks we

would want are included in the Classic pkg.

We can always upgrade if we feel we need to.:)

Thanks so much everyone for all your comments.

We are not wine drinkers and so I think we will try the classic pkg.

first and see how it goes. It sounds like most of the drinks we

would want are included in the Classic pkg.

We can always upgrade if we feel we need to.:)

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, you can pretty much order anything anywhere with the exception of full size martinis at Crush and of course shots of Louis XIII in Vintages :D (its $200.00 a shot with gratuity, TREAT YOURSELF !!!)

Cheers Gary

Hey Gary ... Celebrity have the basic site here ...

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

They don't list which wines or specific cocktails the wines are probably ever changing. I'm sure you can get whatever cocktail with the cheaper brand of booze on the left side.

I'm gonna try and stay on classic for awhile we're in port each day 3 days in a row I figure how much premium alcohol would I be drinking while we're on shore. Then we have 2 full sea days I'll check on upgrading then for the last few days.

Edited by opuscat1

In the dining room, I was offered more wines than were listed in the classic. Just ask at each venue. Even in wine Cellar, he came up with something I liked not on the menu. Just tell them what you like and they'll offer something. I think the bartenders and servers are pretty free with wines expecially as the cruise progresses and if they get to know you...as our MDR sommelier did;)