Has anyone done the Viking feast

bobbisailsolo

We did this excursion. Yes it is hokey, but if you enjoy reenactments, then you'll like it. You pretend being the guests of a Viking family for dinner. You eat old time food, get to see how the Vikings lived, and stuff like that. I did it because someone in our group really wanted to do it. He loved the excursion, I thought it was OK to good. We did have fun. If you do a search on Viking feast, you will see other comments about the excursion.

I haven't done it, so trust RSF Cruiser more than me ;) but I've talked with several people who complained that there was a lot of bus time for a short meal time and they felt the meal was rushed. But they enjoyed the meal itself. Maybe in the summer the fact that you can see the landscape during the bus ride helps.

If I remember correctly, the bus ride is around an hour or so each way. You get off the boat at one stop, drive through the Lofoten Islands, go to the Viking Feast, then drive at least an hour to the next stop. We did the trip in the winter, so we couldn't see much.

If I remember correctly, the bus ride is around an hour or so each way. You get off the boat at one stop, drive through the Lofoten Islands, go to the Viking Feast, then drive at least an hour to the next stop. We did the trip in the winter, so we couldn't see much.

So you didn't care for it? Did many passengers go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was OK. I prefer scenery, hiking, and outside activities, so it's not the kind of excursion I would have picked. I did have fun, and thought the food was interesting. The person on our group who picked it, really enjoyed himself. So they dod a good job of a Viking home reenactment.

There were quite a few people who went - we were on two busses.

We also prefer scenic tours and didn't choose this excursion, but we were with folks who did the Viking feast. They thought it was very well done but too rushed and wished there had been more time there. I guess they have to keep close to the ship time for pickup.