Embassy Suites 17th avenue FLL

rinkrat10

It really is personal choice on the floors. We like to be low but some prefer high.

If you like something high or low at most places you stay I would request that.

For rooms, study the sizes available.

Just one more suggestion.

If you go to trip advisor on the reviews there is an area where they show tips for rooms. I would look at that.

Keith

We stayed there late Dec 2015 and were very unhappy. The rooms have not been refurbished in forever and the front desk staff was very rude. The only thing that was good was the breakfast.

And yes, be prepared to carry your luggage down the stairs since there is no way to get an elevator..

IMHO: i would stay somewhere else.

Very nice place to stay, however on cruise morning the elevators are a problem, hint, use the bank of three in the back of the building instead of the two that go down to the lobby.

When we stayed in December 2015 even those were hard to get. We stayed with the bellhop and our luggage to get on the elevator (After waiting 20 minutes for the other front elevators)

Once we got an elevator he was able to override the elevator to get us directly down but the trick was get one to stop at our floor (10th)

We did not have a problem getting down for breakfast so maybe the trick is to bring down your luggage to breakfast and leave from there.

We've stayed there 7 times in the last 6 years--we will be back there again this year.

Regarding the elevators--there are two banks--on opposite sides of the building. And the hotel is a very busy place--especially on the weekends.

But, we've never waited more than a few minutes for an elevator--even the mornings the cruises leave.

We stay there for a number of reasons--location being one of them. I would never not stay there just because the elevators are slow.

And if you do stay there, go to Kathleen's station at the front desk, be nice, and she will gladly take care of you---with a pleasant attitude. :)

My husband and i travel all over the world and to us this was one of the worst hotel experiences. I am not saying that just because of the elevators, but because it was rundown and people rude.

With all the money that they make they should do a major rehab on the place. It has been this way for more years than i can count. As far as the people, it was the night crew and the morning crew. maybe they are cranky because so many people complain.

I had corporate call me and they apologized and said that yes, the hotel needs to be renovated.