Anybody done the 'Reef Snorkelling Discovery' tour on mystery island?

We were there only a couple of weeks ago on the Aria. There are local tours available near the tender jetty I don't know if I would pay $100 for a snorkelling tour as snorkelling is easy off the beach. On the reef side of the island you need to be a bit careful as the currents can be strong.

We've snorkelled there and I don't think it worth a $100 unless there is something extra of interest that the locals know of and we don't. I think Lifou has better snorkelling, but that's just my opinion. If there are strong currents (we really didn't notice it) its best to wear fins.

I have the feeling it's just off the beach, which as scuba divers & experienced snorkelers does not interest us, not going to pay $100 each to do what we have already done for free.

But I thought it worth asking in case it's something new - like they take you out on a boat to a nice little reef offshore etc.

Yes, we found the current strong on Mystery Island last time we were there also, we always wear fins snorkelling, if you only wear reef shoes you tend to stand on the coral because you have less control of your movement & no propulsion, strong current or not. The amount of damage uneducated tourists wearing reef shoes do to the reefs on these islands is terrible.

Totally agree Lifou is the best snorkelling of all the islands, in fact it's rated highly in world terms, glad they charge to get in now, will keep some of the reef trashers away hopefully. We dived at Lifou last year for a change & it was really good, but Lifou's Jinek Bay snorkelling is a lot better than some diving we have done in places like Hawaii etc & much cheaper! :D