Bermuda Bus/Ferry Passes and Tickets

sayla27

I think I read on here somewhere that passes can be purchased on board prior to arriving to Bermuda. Is that true?

I'm also considering buying the 15 ticket booklet since some of what we want to do leaves from the dockyard and we may not need passes. Are the booklets also available on board?

Finally, does the Horseshoe Bay shuttle ($16 RT) take the passes/tickets or is that a separate company from the regular transportation system on the island? Thanks!

2-3 years ago you could get a 2 day unlimited bus and ferry package for $25PP at the hut right by the ship. You really do not need to get it ahead of time. I think each zone was $2 and we choose just to get the unlimited. It worked great.

The buses and ferries take the same tickets. Horseshoe bay is worth the trip, it's great.

I think I read on here somewhere that passes can be purchased on board prior to arriving to Bermuda. Is that true?

I'm also considering buying the 15 ticket booklet since some of what we want to do leaves from the dockyard and we may not need passes. Are the booklets also available on board?

Finally, does the Horseshoe Bay shuttle ($16 RT) take the passes/tickets or is that a separate company from the regular transportation system on the island? Thanks!

Two day passes are often available on board but sometimes they run out of them.

The 15 ticket book is not sold on board, nor is it sold at the Dockyard, where your ship will be berthed. You have to go into Hamilton to buy it.

Neither the passes or tickets are good for the Horseshoe Bay shuttle. Passes, tickets, and tokens are good on public buses and ferries only. The shuttle is a privately run operation.

Two day passes are often available on board but sometimes they run out of them.

The 15 ticket book is not sold on board, nor is it sold at the Dockyard, where your ship will be berthed. You have to go into Hamilton to buy it.

Neither the passes or tickets are good for the Horseshoe Bay shuttle. Passes, tickets, and tokens are good on public buses and ferries only. The shuttle is a privately run operation.

njhorseman - thank you for a prompt and comprehensive reply. I appreciate the assistance.

The shuttle bus tickets ($16.00 round trip to Horseshoe Beach) runs about every 15 minutes, and takes you right to the beach from the ship. The public bus will leave you at the road which is above the beach. You may not want to walk up the hill at the end of the day at the beach to wait for the bus. We found the shuttle waiting at the beach when we wanted to leave. Very convenient !! We bought the shuttle tickets right at the dock. Last year when we were there in May they were building a new ticket building even closer to the ship.

2-3 years ago you could get a 2 day unlimited bus and ferry package for $25PP at the hut right by the ship. You really do not need to get it ahead of time. I think each zone was $2 and we choose just to get the unlimited.
The single cash fare to go just about anywhere from Dockyard is now $5, and the 2-day transportation pass is $31.50. So if you are only doing one round trip per day, it's cheaper to pay as you go. (But paying by cash can be inconvenient, so it's best to buy all the tokens you will need at the outset.)

If you manage to get a 15-ticket booklet ($37.50), it's only $2.50 per ride, and you will probably have enough tickets for 2 people for 2 or 3 days.

• 1 month later...

I took a look at the Dockyard Bermuda webcam, see below, and they are still doing construction for the America's Cup qualifying races which won't happen till October. You can clearly see the piles of dirt. http://www.portbermudawebcam.com

I took a look at the website, yikes ! It makes it look like huge crowds will be at the Dockyard.

http://www.gotobermuda.com/The-35th-Americas-Cup/?gclid=CN2zp9TdpMsCFYUXHwodP4gATQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

I noticed no one has posted for the last month or so, is anyone out there. It is March now in New England and it has been warm, not at all like last winter. Just the same can't wait for this cruise.