Just a silly question....

GuinnessGal

Was sitting here today musing about my upcoming cruise and a silly random thought/question popped into my head: if you're on board and having an amazingly wonderful cruise and you're just not ready to leave come the end of the voyage, can you book whilst on board to stay on for the next cruise?

Can future cruises book you on the ship's very next sailing so close to that sailing date? Does anyone know if its possible? And better yet, has anyone ever done it?

Not something I'm planning to do (i'm never ready to leave, so I usually just go ahead and book B2Bs)...I'm honestly just curious to know if its possible to be that spontaneous :D

Yes, you can book while onboard and stay for the next cruise based upon availability

We did so onboard an Equinox Caribbean cruise in 2013. We were having such a great time that we went to Future Sales and asked if anything was available. They had a last minute cancellation and there was only one cabin available...an Aqua Class cabin! We booked it on the spot.

Yes, you can book while onboard and stay for the next cruise based upon availability

We did so onboard an Equinox Caribbean cruise in 2013. We were having such a great time that we went to Future Sales and asked if anything was available. They had a last minute cancellation and there was only one cabin available...an Aqua Class cabin! We booked it on the spot.

How Fabulous!!!! That must have been wonderful! Thanks so much....great to know that it can be done!

We were on a cruise once (transpacific to Hawaii fro San Diego, on the Legend of the Seas) where they were actively trying to get people to stay on and do the next cruise back to San Diego...and the prices were rather incredible. We would have loved to but we had 3 nights planned in Honolulu and as it was we were getting home on the 22nd of December....almost any other holiday we would have stayed on the ship.

We were on a 17-nt. Panama Canal cruise a few years ago; and about midway through, we received a flyer inviting us to stay aboard for the return voyage at a MUCH lower fare than we paid for our cruise. I don't know how many empty cabins there were; but less than 24 hours later, the Cruise Director announced that every one was booked. I was so jealous of passengers who had the flexibility to do that.

I asked about this on one cruise and was told that yes, it's possible - but there's a last possible date after which new names can't be added to the manifest.

If I remember correctly I think they said that 3 days before the next cruise starts was the cut-off, but I'm not a hundred percent sure about the exact time.