Vista Suites on Veendam

Jalex63

Got a call from my TA a few days ago and he advised me of an offer from HAL for an upsell to a Suite on my upcoming cruise aboard the Veendam and wanted to know if I was interested. I said, absolutely and the TA grabbed me one. Turns out it is a "Vista Suite" on the Rotterdam deck and to me looks like nothing more than a Verandah cabin. Other than a pair of binoculars and an umbrella I don't see any "Suite" amenities here. What say someone with experience with a "Vista".:confused:

Got a call from my TA a few days ago and he advised me of an offer from HAL for an upsell to a Suite on my upcoming cruise aboard the Veendam and wanted to know if I was interested. I said, absolutely and the TA grabbed me one. Turns out it is a "Vista Suite" on the Rotterdam deck and to me looks like nothing more than a Verandah cabin. Other than a pair of binoculars and an umbrella I don't see any "Suite" amenities here. What say someone with experience with a "Vista".:confused:

You also get the "telephone concierge" which has never been of help to us. BUT you have a balcony .... that can have value :)

Turns out it is a "Vista Suite" on the Rotterdam deck and to me looks like nothing more than a Verandah cabin. Other than a pair of binoculars and an umbrella I don't see any "Suite" amenities here.
Right. They are the equivalent of the Signature Suites on the newest 6 ships where you get just personalized stationery and a telephone concierge - and not even binoculars and umbrella. But you do get double Mariner credits with the Vista Suite. :D

Right. They are the equivalent of the Signature Suites on the newest 6 ships where you get just personalized stationery and a telephone concierge - and not even binoculars and umbrella. But you do get double Mariner credits with the Vista Suite. :D

You don't get double Mariner days if it is an upsell from a non-double-days category.

Is there a Rotterdam deck on the Veendam?
No, there isn't! Nice catch! :D

You don't get double Mariner days if it is an upsell from a non-double-days category.
Ooops - you're right. :o Edited by catl331

I did not get personalized stationery on the Veendam in May. I don't know if they have done away with it.

I just went back to the deck plan of the Veendam, looking at the amenities on the Vista and all the things that have been talked about are listed. I guess we will just see what we end up with and make the best of it?

I also think the previous post about the double day credit was correct. Since I purchased the suite on an upsell looks like I won't get the extra credit. Too bad as that would have raised us to the four star Mariner level. However, maybe the concierge will be able to help us out on getting decent reservation times in the main dining room? I had thought that this was the first time for us in a suite, but I just realized that we had the same room category on the Amsterdam on our first HAL cruise to Alaska.

:)

We took an upsell on our Panama cruise from Boston to San Diego and it was wonderful as we had booked an OV. We appreciated the balcony for many room service breakfasts. In addition to the stationery, they included the concierge, slippers for each of us, having the refrigerator (which was a great advantage since we bring our Pepsi with us), umbrella and binoculars.

Cruz chic--We were on a Bermuda cruise last May and had the personalized stationery.

We took an upsell on our Panama cruise from Boston to San Diego and it was wonderful as we had booked an OV. We appreciated the balcony for many room service breakfasts. In addition to the stationery, they included the concierge, slippers for each of us, having the refrigerator (which was a great advantage since we bring our Pepsi with us), umbrella and binoculars.

Cruz chic--We were on a Bermuda cruise last May and had the personalized stationery.

I'm not overly surprised at the stationery. I took a last minute upsell and some of the things that were to be in my room were missing. The front desk was totally useless on that cruise until I found a gentleman named Gabrielle. I didn't bother asking him about that as I was glad to have a functioning toilet and a/c.

The Vista suites on the S or R class ships are what used to be called "A" or "B" cabins. We have sailed in them many times and have found them to be very comfortable. They are a bit larger than the standard balconies on the newer ships (lengthwise). Balconies same depth as the real suites. Balcony floor is actual teak, so no burning bare feet. :)