Enchantment of the Seas - Feb 8 itinerary change

My PSA for the day...received an email last night stating that the itinerary for the Feb 8 sailing of the Enchantment of the Seas has changed:

~~~~~~~

We are glad to inform you we already have the update regarding the Nassau Itinerary.

There will be changes to the itinerary however you will keep your excursions since we are visiting the same ports of call.

The changes made are:

The cruising day will now be on February 9, 2016

The call into Nassau, Bahamas will now take place on February 10, 2016 and call time is 7:00 AM - 11:59 PM

The arrival time into Cococay, Bahamas has been changed from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM

~~~~~~~~

I received the email in response to one that I sent asking about the dolphin excursion. Now have to change all the other plans we made for Nassau!

According to my edocs, Coco Cay stays the same. It's just Nassau and the sea day have been swapped.

Thanks, the itinerary must have changed since we've been on EN. We used to do Coco Cay on day 1.

I've only been there with another ship one time. We were the one to tender on the far side. That's the part I didn't like😉

I've never tendered on the opposite side of the inlet. Was it a long walk or tram ride?

To tell the truth, I was traveling with a Flat Stanley. I took him on the tender with me, but when we docked on the far side, we got off, took a couple pictures and got right back on the tender to go back to the ship. I think there were a couple trams, but most people were walking what appeared to be a long, sandy path. I doubt if I will tender over this cruise unless the Top Tier party is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ARCruisinNana

Our favorite thing to do at Coco Cay is to don tennis shoes and walk the nature trail all the way to the opposite end. We then switch back to flip flops when we reach the far end and walk the road back. It is about a mile walk one way and quite enjoyable, except when it is really hot. But we also enjoy a dip in the ocean down at the far end, and are usually the only people there. Nice view up at the point too. :)

Like Bob, we have been to Coco Cay with another ship at port. No problems we found. Just need to get on the correct tender back. ;)

Edited by island lady

I haven't gotten that yet but we are on that sailing. This changes things for us. We wanted to do snuba with a private company but the noon arrival meant we couldn't. This change to an earlier arrival means we could now do it. Shoot, swim with dolphins or snuba, choices choices lol

I don't care as much about Coco Cay, but am pretty irritated about the lack of notification on the change of dates at Nassau. The only reason I found out about it was because they changed the time on our Dolphin Excursion to 0800 back on Jan 6. Since then I've been trying to find out what is going on, as the ship wasn't scheduled to arrive until noon. Shore Excursions said they would check it out and get back to me. No further information. I called yesterday and was told not to worry, as I would get a refund if it was cancelled...yeah, try telling that to a 12-year old!! Finally emailed Blue Lagoon and cc'd Royal Caribbean and then found out about the change in dates. Now I have to try to rebook other excursions that we had booked at Nassau and see if they can change the dates!!

I received a call from my TA today. We are sailing on the Enchantment of the Seas on March 21. They also changed our itinerary too. Just shuffled the ports around no big deal.

I did notice that there now will be 5 ships in Nassau the same day as EOS.

I too looked on both those link. Cruisecal showed the same as the itinerary ( printed by our TA) we have from RCI for our cruise leaving PC on the 15th. The other one showed completely different. Which one do we go with as being accurate? I'm guessing Cruise cal as that confirms what the itinerary says so that makes it 2 to 1 :-) but why would the official port of Nassau site not be accurate?

Edited by Mattnvick

Interesting part is that I did not get the email as well. I was looking to see how many donuts we do at sea between Nassau and Coco Cay on Wednesday. I was also looking foreward to getting some great pics of Anthem in Nassau on Tuesday, but that won't happen now.