Jade to start taking some charters

rigs32

We learned recently that during the Pearl's dry dock in Winter 2017, the Jade will take some of the charter business sailing out of Tampa. I'm curious how long it will be until they take the regular cruises off the booking site.

We learned recently that during the Pearl's dry dock in Winter 2017, the Jade will take some of the charter business sailing out of Tampa. I'm curious how long it will be until they take the regular cruises off the booking site.

It might not be too long since there are some pretty dramatic changes coming for the Jade anyway.

We have a Caribbean cruise booked in April on the Jade so I'm almost sure that will be cancelled b/c after her Caribbean cruises she's to head over to Europe and cruise out of Germany/UK, and NL.

Some new itineraries are to be released Feb 9th/10th, a week from today.

We have a Caribbean cruise booked in April on the Jade so I'm almost sure that will be cancelled b/c after her Caribbean cruises she's to head over to Europe and cruise out of Germany/UK, and NL.

Why would it be cancelled? Summer season starts usually in early May so April cruises are still winter season. Jade has cruises in Tampa until April 30 and starts cruises in Europe on May 14, there is a two week gap during which the drydock and reposition should take place.

Some new itineraries are to be released Feb 9th/10th, a week from today.

Itineraries were announced already, they open for bookings next week.

https://www.ncl.com/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-announces-ground-breaking-european-summer-2017-itineraries

Perhaps Jade will then go into dry dock when the Pearl is back.

Jade will be drydocked just before the start of new European itineraries.

Edited by Demonyte

Why would it be cancelled? Summer season starts usually in early May so April cruises are still winter season. Jade has cruises in Tampa until April 30 and starts cruises in Europe on May 14, there is a two week gap during which the drydock and reposition should take place.

Itineraries were announced already, they open for bookings next week.

https://www.ncl.com/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-announces-ground-breaking-european-summer-2017-itineraries

Jade will be drydocked just before the start of new European itineraries.

So you think there will be enough time to do the TA and the Dry Dock between Apr. 30th and May 14th?

If so, that's great, I didn't think it would be long enough. Also, where is the Jade scheduled for DryDock, is it Bahamas, or somewhere else?

Until I can actually see the itineraries, it ain't enough to just say it will be so ... :p

Sixthman is doing some charter on the Jade while the Pearl is out in dry dock. The Jade is acting as a back up to the Pearl. Things are still fluid on the charters but some of them should be finalized soon so the dates should start disappearing off the NCL website within the next month or possibly two.

Things are still fluid on the charters but some of them should be finalized soon so the dates should start disappearing off the NCL website within the next month or possibly two.

Sixthman has announced to their guests at least three crusies scheduled for "mid- to late- February out of Tampa." That confirms they'll be using the Jade. The current rumorss are:

• The Rock Boat, Feb 10-15, 2017
  • Sail Across The Sun, Feb 15-19, 2017
  • Cayamo, Feb 19-26, 2017

The Pearl had 15 consecutive charters this year from Jan 11, 2016-Mar 14, 2016. Most of them are recurring annual events. I wonder if we can expect all of them to move to the Jade next year?

Does anyone have the specific dates the Pearl will be in drydock? I just booked the Jade for April 2017 and wondered if that falls during the timeframe being discussed.

The timeframe being discussed here is February (see above posts), not April.

Sixthman has announced to their guests at least three crusies scheduled for "mid- to late- February out of Tampa." That confirms they'll be using the Jade. The current rumorss are:

• The Rock Boat, Feb 10-15, 2017
  • Sail Across The Sun, Feb 15-19, 2017
  • Cayamo, Feb 19-26, 2017

The Pearl had 15 consecutive charters this year from Jan 11, 2016-Mar 14, 2016. Most of them are recurring annual events. I wonder if we can expect all of them to move to the Jade next year?

Those charter cruises like the ones I take also remove the first six rows of the theater seats and put in standing rails and cover the AC vents. It would make sense they would have a string of them together on the Jade because of the work that must go into modifying the ship for them. Also, the production elements on the pool deck are not carted in and taken off each time too. It's more likely they're going to try and funnel most of the charter events to the Jade. I see the Pearl will be back in service in March so who knows if the other charter companies that use the Pearl (besides Sixthman) will wait out her dry dock or get her just before she goes in. Either way, the equipment will have to be moved from Miami to Tampa and vice versa for the ship. I'm sure they don't keep these items in back up. It takes up considerable space. I'm not sure where they offload the theater seats to or where they store them on the ship when they have the charters.

The Sixthman CEO actually talked about the seats on TRB this year. They are craned off and left in the city where the ship sailed from as there is no space to store them on board.

Cayamo does not have the pit area and the seats are reinstalled for that sailing. The Cayamo guests also much prefer a Sat or Sun embark/debark as they are a 7 day sailing.

Before things were confirmed, the weekend start plus the seats issue are why people assumed the Jade will host TRB, then SATS, then Cayamo.