Latest on suite/minisuite perks

britsbest

For someone who has a bad back a mattress in probably the single most important item to help with their back pain. 8 hours on a good mattress can mean a day with little or no back pain. Worth more then $200 in my book!

Bad back here with 2 back operations.. Many Princess cruises since the last operation with no problems with mattress. Guess I have been lucky..

Never called you a liar.. I said that in my opinion getting a new mattress was not the reason one would get a mini. Lots more reasons out there such as a larger room, tub/shower, couch, multiple TV's, etc...
I have a mini booked on Dawn Princess and I did not book based on the amenities – I booked before they were even announced, and whether or not they are in place, it wouldn’t have changed my decision. I’m not quite sure what the issue is with the “old” Princess mattresses – I’ve never had a problem with them either.

I have a mini booked on Dawn Princess and I did not book based on the amenities – I booked before they were even announced, and whether or not they are in place, it wouldn’t have changed my decision. I’m not quite sure what the issue is with the “old” Princess mattresses – I’ve never had a problem with them either.

Obviously there must be some issue with the old mattresses....otherwise why would Princess be spending all the added expense in adding upgraded mattresses. If you would like I could do a search and find ALL the threads where people complained about the bedding. Just let me know and I will be glad to find those threads. I get a little tired of the posters that say "I have never had a problem with XXXXXXXX..... Just because it is not an issue for you doesn't mean that it is not an issue for others!!!

Never called you a liar.. I said that in my opinion getting a new mattress was not the reason one would get a mini. Lots more reasons out there such as a larger room, tub/shower, couch, multiple TV's, etc...

What a great point!! Lets take the multiple TV example you gave.........I do not watch TV while cruising. As a family we probably do not use the TV more then 1hr the entire time cruising!! I could care less whether they have 1 or 5 TVs!! But they do advertise 2 TVs. If I got on and they only had 1 TV I would say "doesn't bother me!!" but Maybe some people did book the cruise for the added TV set!!!! Just because it doesn't affect me does not mean it doesn't affect others!! Twist it, spin it anyway you want....they made a mistake....they screwed up.....Does that make them a bad line? No. Does that mean I will never cruise with them? NO Does that mean that they owe something to those who made a decision based on the amenities that the said they would provide? You bet!!

But that is YOU. Maybe you did not have an issue with the old bedding. Does that mean no one else did? Obviously it must mean something to somebody!!! If not then Princess spent a "boat" load of money upgrading thousand's of beds for nothing. They must of thought that by doing so they would be increasing revenue. Not sure about you but inn my business world it is ALL about increasing revenue!!

WOW!! Maybe a poll should be taken - "Who would pay $200 - $900 pp for the added amenities for mimisuites? That should prove something.

Ron

Polls mean squat here IMHO. They represent less then 1% of the cruise population. Must of the "steady" posters here feel as their cruise line can do no wrong!!

And Coiran.....If you are going to respond why not answer my questions ot atleast comment on the points that I have made? You can run around but the questions are still unanswered!! "Like...Obviously there must be some issue with the old mattresses....otherwise why would Princess be spending all the added expense in adding upgraded mattresses?" or "If you would like I could do a search and find ALL the threads where people complained about the bedding. Just let me know and I will be glad to find those threads."

Boy....one comes out and they all come out to play!!

No, I am not angry at all. Life is great!! 5 cruises booked....trip to Disney in the works.....kids and wife are healthy!!! Businesses are flourishing nicely....What more can you ask for!?!?! What I get Irritated about is other people denying others of their gripes!! As i said earlier...Just because it is not an issue for some does not mean it is not an issue for others!!

Why we booked a mini instead of an inside, by me

This all took place before the announcement of the new perks. We had originally booked an inside for three on the Star, Western Carib this Fall - I found out I could get a Mini Suite with the OLD mattresses for $300 pp more - so I did - the new perks will only be an added pleasure, and if they are not in place - SO WHAT!!!

Why we booked a mini instead of an inside, by me

This all took place before the announcement of the new perks. We had originally booked an inside for three on the Star, Western Carib this Fall - I found out I could get a Mini Suite with the OLD mattresses for $300 pp more - so I did - the new perks will only be an added pleasure, and if they are not in place - SO WHAT!!!

Boy...who is the one getting angry? Often when someone knows they are wrong they get visibly angry!!! Again.....this is you...others have stated that they made their final decision thinking they were getting added perks...and you chose to dismiss their claims!

On that note I am going to leave the thread as I can see that this will just lead to the thread disappearing. I must ask why not answer the questions that I asked rather then resorting to calling me "angry" or yelling at me?

I will NOT be responding to this thread at is obvious that you can not have a rational discussion!! I also know that you all meet on a yahoo group and plan your attacks.... So now I will sit back and watch you all play your games as if you are all just casual acquaintances on cc when in reality you all(must of you) are members of a group that advertises on its front page "Are you tired of cruise critic?"

Boy....one comes out and they all come out to play!!

No, I am not angry at all. Life is great!! 5 cruises booked....trip to Disney in the works.....kids and wife are healthy!!! Businesses are flourishing nicely....What more can you ask for!?!?! What I get Irritated about is other people denying others of their gripes!! As i said earlier...Just because it is not an issue for you does not mean it is not an issue for others!!

I don't remember even commenting on whether or not it was an issue for me. So, please do not put words into my mouth. I am really glad you are not angry but you could have fooled me. Just saw that you are no longer responding to this thread--tsk, tsk, what a loss.:D

Hi Linda - do you have a mini on your Mex Riv and if so, did you book it for the new perks??

Ron

Hi Ron, I booked way before the new perks were announced and while they will be nice when they arrive, would never be a deciding factor for me. I do, however enjoy the elite perks such as free laundry/dry cleaning and free bar set-up.

Hi Ron, I booked way before the new perks were announced and while they will be nice when they arrive, would never be a deciding factor for me. I do, however enjoy the elite perks such as free laundry/dry cleaning and free bar set-up.

Sorry about the sp on your name - We will experience our first "elite" perks on the Sun, Oct 19 and the Star Oct 30. With 2 TV's you cou;ld have "Stereo" - one eye on each - now that's a perk!!

Ron

And Coiran.....If you are going to respond why not answer my questions ot atleast comment on the points that I have made? You can run around but the questions are still unanswered!! "Like...Obviously there must be some issue with the old mattresses....otherwise why would Princess be spending all the added expense in adding upgraded mattresses."

Ok, i'll answer the question. Yes, Princess is upgrading mattreses and linens just like other cruiselines in hope of keeping customer satifaction high and in turn keeping revenues up.

It is no different in the hotel industry, Hilton, Sheraton, Marriott all have their version of the sweet dream bed.

I spent a lot of time in hotels this year and the upgraded bedding is very nice but I'm not upset that my favorite Hilton that I frequent still has not uprgaded their bedding.

The bottomline IMO is it is the latest trend in the hotel/cruise industry to entice guests and you need to offer upgraded bedding to keep up with the Jones or the Hiltons. Doesn't have anything to do with problems with the old mattreses or pillows. For that matter why do the hotels think I need 6 pillow on the bed now??

I'll head back to my "playpen" now.

Scott

IMHO what Princess is trying to do is meet its closest competitor in the mid-price range of cruising Celebrity Cruises. We recently cruised with Celebrity in their "Concierge" class and it offered all the amenities that Princess will be including in their added amenites to suites and mini-suites, with the exception that Celebrity provided a bottle of chamagne instead of a glass that has been listed here as well as fresh flowers in the room. We choose cruises by itinerary, cruise line, and price. We have been fairly loyal to Princess (12 cruises).In fact,booked on one in November. If amenities are offered because of the type of cabin one is in, then those items SHOULD be there...at the time they say it will be...or they should provide a note stating the delay and some other amenity to compensate (i.e.flowers, wine, early tender boarding for excursions). It is all part of good PR for them, as they really need returning cruisers who have good experiences.They are their best advertisement. There is too much competiton out there now for them to be careless with their loyal cruisers IMHO!!

It is all part of good PR for them, as they really need returning cruisers who have good experiences.
I think whether or not there is a case of bad Public Relations depends on one’s point of view. First, I don’t think that many people are really paying any attention. Second, depending on how the first release was read, it could be that Princess missed or they didn’t – I took it to read that the amenities would begin to be implemented in September, and in fact some were in place on some ships in August. So they were early. In any case, the official statement from Princess has new verbiage which should put any PR issues to rest.

As for giving some other amenity if one wasn’t in place, I’m sure if someone proves to Princess that they’ve been damaged because the amenities were not in place, the cruise line will respond appropriately. Right now, there’s little proof of damage – just complaints. My opinion, of course.

Archived