Suite on the Star

jackg962

We have been able to upgrade from a balcony to a Suite on the Star. I know they offer a butler. What else can we expect from being in a suite? any special check in? Is the Haven on the Star?

5 more days and counting:)

I know that at T minus five days you have a lot of other things to think about too, but there are countless threads like this (more info than you can read) if you just use the search. :)

Very shortly: you will get priority embarkation/checkin and also priority disembarkation in all ports, daily afternoon treats, concierge that can help you with reservations etc and free room service through the butler.

No Haven on Dawn class ships.

No Haven but all the suite perks! We sailed in a suite on Star and it was terrific! Our butler, Jonathan, was wonderful. We are very low maintenance, but I think that served us well as he enjoyed coming to visit with our kids and we forged a great relationship with him.

Enjoy your suite!

We have been able to upgrade from a balcony to a Suite on the Star. I know they offer a butler. What else can we expect from being in a suite? any special check in? Is the Haven on the Star?

5 more days and counting:)

You're on the same cruise as us. We are in a suite as well. There is no Haven on the star but breakfast & Lunch will be served in Cagney's or Moderno for suite guests. Priority Embarkation, Butler (who will even unpack for you), Fresh fruit & treats every day. Every suite gets sparkling wine/Champagne...some bigger suites get more alcohol. I think priority seating on the Theatre, first ones off the boat etc...Anything you need from shore excursions, restaurant reservations, in suite dining...just ask your Butler. Enjoy!

Priority tenders, if applicable to your ports. The concierge can make ressies for you in specialty or main dining venues. It's all good - there is no downside to sailing in a suite.

I have read that you can even ask for your belongings to unpacked for you. For us, that's a little over the top, but some people might love that option. Personally, I prefer to organize my belongings myself, but that might be the OCD talking! ;)

My kids were super complimentary and appreciative of the cookies and chocolate covered strawberries Jonathon brought very early on, and he made certain that we got them pretty much daily.

Get used to feeling spoiled :)

How exciting. And we will have neighbors!! We got 2 upsell offers for the suite. The second offer was hard to pass up. I am afraid we will also like it so much we may not want to go back. I will miss my balcony tho! Sunday will be a good day to leave N Florida to go on a cruise. High only 59. Thank you for all the replies

We also just got the upsell for a Family suite the week after you. I also will miss the balcony, but am looking forward to the idea of a suite!! Hope to hear from you about how your family likes it. I'm sure it will be great

How exciting. And we will have neighbors!! We got 2 upsell offers for the suite. The second offer was hard to pass up. I am afraid we will also like it so much we may not want to go back. I will miss my balcony tho! Sunday will be a good day to leave N Florida to go on a cruise. High only 59. Thank you for all the replies

You will not miss the balcony in an SJ suite on the Star. It was cheaper for me to get that room for 5 than a balcony and inside for my family. Just a few steps to the pool and if you go up to deck 13 there is a large hot tub in front that not many people know about. Enjoy your cruise

We had a family suite on the star last month. It was our first suite experience and loved it.

We were travelling with my sister who had an oceanview room. Since she was travelling solo we got in the regular line with her to check in instead of making her board alone etc.

Well, once they looked at our docs, they said "priority boarding, you come with me for your keys", I insisted we would board ourselves, not priority.... But they insisted otherwise and my sister was invited to come with us. The suite experience had started [emoji3]

Priority boarding, they took us directly to Cagneys for lunch

Welcome to the Suite Life! You will become addicted to this way of sailing. The service was great on the Star and everything we asked for and did not ask for and received was there for us throughout our cruise. Just know when you hear your doorbell in the afternoon it is treats time! You can ask your Butler to not bring certain treats and more of others. Enjoy your cruise.