Taxi's at Port of Miami?

p0mpey

I am sure there are plenty of taxi's meeting the ship (Navigator) but just wondered if anyone has had a problem and had to wait a long time. Would it be wise to book maybe Super Shuttle to get to the airport?

Thanks for any info'.

I am sure there are plenty of taxi's meeting the ship (Navigator) but just wondered if anyone has had a problem and had to wait a long time. Would it be wise to book maybe Super Shuttle to get to the airport?

Thanks for any info'.

There are plenty of cabs when you disembark in Miami. We literally walked straight out of the terminal with our luggage into a cab. About a 25 min ride to Ft Lauderdale. You should have a problem.

The only people waiting for a ride were the ones that took the transfer shuttles and they had to wait until the buses were full before they could leave.

We had heard that getting a taxi was a nightmare but we walked off Navigator a week ago and had no problem. There will be all these people standing around asking you if you need a ride to the airport. We ended up taking a shuttle with 8 other people. It was $9 per person which was cheaper than a cab. I heard other shuttles were even cheaper. Regardless, you should have no problems finding either a shuttle or a cab.

Thanks for any info'.

On our first cruise we had pre-arranged transport from the airport to the port and from the port to the hotel. Both times we had to wait long and call them serveral times. They came up with contradicting stories (office and driver). They just know you allready paid.. The last two cruised we took a cab. Were on our way 5 minutes after we were got our luggage from the belt.

There are plenty of cabs when you disembark in Miami. We literally walked straight out of the terminal with our luggage into a cab. About a 25 min ride to Ft Lauderdale. You should have a problem.

You're way off. It's at least 40 minutes on a clear road.

We had no problem getting a ride to the airport from Port of Miami.... we were walking toward the pick up area and someone offered us a ride in their van for $8 or $9 each. We were the first two; it took him all of maybe 2 minutes to fill the van with other passengers and off we went. It worked out great.

We had a limo service pick us up for our first cruise and ended up waiting about a half hour for them. You never know how long it will take to disembark, so it's really hard to tell them what time to pick you up. A cab is definitely the way to go.

Have a great cruise! :)

You're way off. It's at least 40 minutes on a clear road.

Negative. I'm not exaggerating. Nice clear Sunday morning. Roads clear and a cab driver that must have been a former NASCAR driver. 25 minutes flat. We left POM at 9:35am and were dropped off at FLL at the JetBlue terminal at 10am on the nose.

I know how to tell time. I fly into FLL several times a year and know the area pretty well. This guy was flying. I just closed my eyes and let him go.

25 minutes from Port of Miami to FLL is possible, I know, I've done downtown Fort Lauderdale to downtown Miami in 20 minutes on a clear freeway ;)

BUT it's not the norm... 35-45 minutes is more normal, unless there's an accident or during rush hour, then it can take forever! :eek:

Can anyone tell me how long it will take to take a taxi from Miami crusie ship terminal to airport

I don't want to be riped off by the driver.

Ricky

Typically Port of Miami to MIA is about 15 minutes, and the taxis are a fixed/flat rate of $21. Apparently some cabbies will try to charge the meter rate, which will be a lot more, so before you get in make sure he knows you know it's a flat rate, and agree on the price.

Archived