Gift card question

FrsttimeCruiser

My husband received 2 $100 Discover Cards from Corporate Rewards for his work anniversary date. One of the vendors listed is Carnival. I tried to purchase Cruise Cash to be delivered to us but the cards wouldn't go through even though the representative said they were good. I guess I will bring them to put the total on the sail and sign card. Six of one, half dozen the other.

I used a $100 gift card a few weeks ago. On the last day, I used the card at the kiosk and still had a balance. I didn't try to put the entire $100 on the account in case I didn't use it. Late that night after purchasing a drink, I tried to use the balance of the card at the kiosk but it wasn't working. I went to the desk and asked the staff to pay the remaining $ onto my account. I gave her the ship card and the gift card and she ran them both and confirmed that it was done. There was nothing left on the gift card, so I left it with her and she didn't offer me a receipt and I didn't think to ask for one either. (By the way, the receipts I got at the kiosk didn't show the amount that I paid!). This was after midnight, so the bill they put under our door wouldn't have shown this. Just before I left the ship in the morning, I checked my account at the kiosk and found that the $ hadn't been applied. There was a line at the desk and I didn't have time to wait, so I contacted Carnival by email. I told them exactly what happened and asked for a credit card refund. In their only response 2 weeks later, they apologized for the "confusion" and told me the only way I can get the money back is to go on another Carnival brand cruise and request it as an on board credit, not transferable so I can't even gift it to someone. So be careful and ASK FOR RECEIPTS IF YOU PAY BY GIFT CARD, no matter how small the amount. I've never paid a bill at the desk on any cruises, so I didn't think of this. No, I'm not interested in calling them and wasting more time and energy. No, I'm not booking another Carnival brand cruise in order to get my money back. :rolleyes:

The advantage to buying them at a grocery store such as Kroger, Giant Eagle, etc. is for the fuel points. Just a heads up. Gift cards purchased at Kroger on Valentine's weekend will be worth 4 times the fuel points. And no, Carnival gift cards are not sold at a reduced price.

Read the promo careful.

I bought gift cards yesterday (2/11)at Krogers (the 4x promo) and did NOT get 4x points. I bought Amazon; not CCL...but either way, when I got home and noticed it was only 2x points I went back to the ad and found out the 4x (at our store in TN, at least) only applied to Music, Gaming, Restaurants, Theater gift cards. First time I've even seen them exclude stores and travel.

Small print. Disappointed.

Still...ANY fuel points are a nice perk to buying CCL gift cards.

Have never seen discounted cards at Krogers.

The advantage to buying them at a grocery store such as Kroger, Giant Eagle, etc. is for the fuel points. Just a heads up. Gift cards purchased at Kroger on Valentine's weekend will be worth 4 times the fuel points. And no, Carnival gift cards are not sold at a reduced price.

Actually, Kroger had a promotion last April in which they DID sell Carnival gift cards for 10%less than face value. I missed that, but was able to get the cards from AARP. Would be nice if they do it again. I guess you can get a cruise discount and fuel points.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Actually, Kroger had a promotion last April in which they DID sell Carnival gift cards for 10%less than face value. I missed that, but was able to get the cards from AARP. Would be nice if they do it again. I guess you can get a cruise discount and fuel points.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Actually it was some kind of promotion if you bought 2 gift cards you got 20% off, so I bought 2-$25 cards and only paid $40 for $50 worth of gift cards. I actually got my other family members to use their Kroger cards and do the same for me. I ended up with about $200 worth of gift cards but only payed $160 total. That's beat Verizon and AARP discount, but haven't seen that promotion again unfortunately. Don't shop regularly at Krogers so not in the loop. Also we did end up with the 4x fuel points to use but again had to wait till we went out of town to cash in on them.