Disembarkation tour in LA?

swansnz

That's why I say a private tour would be a good idea. Having friends with a car would be even better. Having friends with a car who know the shortcuts around the freeway jams would be the best. :)

I was able to navigate around most traffic by using surface streets after using freeways to get to Griffith Park. ;)

I agree that a private tour is a better option than a bus tour or renting a car.

To help you pass the time in Long Beach there's a red 'Passport' bus that runs around the central area from pier to Aqua Link. It's mostly free and you can cover a lot of ground easily.

If you want a tour of LA there's a company called Sunseeker that's mentioned a lot here and on other travel websites that will take you from the Port to LAX. You plan your journey and they take you there.

Edited by wishfulone

G'day, as you have done we have been into San Pedro a few times and spent pre cruise days in LA area doing the LA, movie stars homes, Venice beach stuff etc. I have just booked the De Bark tour - Long Beach on your own @$49.95 pp. Mainly because apart from looking at Queen Mary, have many hours to fill in on 5 December at LAX before 9.45pm flight on Air NZ to Sydney via Auckland, plus the de bark tour keeps your luggage on the bus from ship to LAX. Air NZ check in does not open until 2pm. We would have access to Star Alliance Lounge at LAX, but not until after check in, security, customs etc.

My main issue with this de bark tour is..Special note on the tour notes. 'Passengers must also purchase the Princess Airport Transfer in addition to this tour.' !! This seems odd to me when one is paying Princess for the transport to Long Beach and one would of thought transport later from LB to LAX. Do you recollect if you paid extra for a transfer on top of the Debark Tour cost?

Thanks to all for advice so far.

We only paid the price of the tour, LAX was included.

You do have to pay to get into the aquarium (it was just opening when we got there).

We only paid the price of the tour, LAX was included.

You do have to pay to get into the aquarium (it was just opening when we got there).

Thank you. To clear this up I contacted Princess Australia - Shorex desk this morning. After some deliberation they informed me the Special Notes on this tour were incorrect, they will have to amend the tour description special notes. The De Bark Tour at LA does include transportation from ship to Long Beach and Long Beach to LAX at no additional cost, the only cost is the $49.95. Just convenient for us to do it this way, fill in time for the evening flight and have our luggage secured n the bus.

Thanks again to all.

Thank you. To clear this up I contacted Princess Australia - Shorex desk this morning. After some deliberation they informed me the Special Notes on this tour were incorrect, they will have to amend the tour description special notes. The De Bark Tour at LA does include transportation from ship to Long Beach and Long Beach to LAX at no additional cost, the only cost is the $49.95. Just convenient for us to do it this way, fill in time for the evening flight and have our luggage secured n the bus.

Thanks again to all.

Thanks for the update...it's sad that passengers need to discover inconsistencies & have to inform Princess to get it corrected. :(

Edited by Astro Flyer