Belize tender

appletinine

I have booked an excursion in Belize through Shore Excursioneer and now I am starting to panic about the time to tender and not making it with no way to contact them about seeing if they will wait. Any words of calming advice. Or suggestions? I am hoping FTTF will open up before my April 3 cruise. But if not...?

From what i hear and have read on here from others most excursion companies will wait up to a certain point. They know your coming so they usually wait until tenders pulling up to the dock are not totally full anymore. I wouldnt worry about it too much.

I also panicked about not making our cavetubing excursion because the person I spoke to told me to be there by a certain time. I made sure we were in line early that morning to get on one of the first tender boats. The ride on the boat was not too long. We quickly walked to the gate to meet our excursion. Then we had to wait on others to join us. We probably waited about 15 minutes. I realized they will wait for everyone that has booked the excursion with them. Don't panic. Now if you are really late they might leave you. Just try and get on one of the earlier tenders.

My parents & in-laws had an early non carnival excursion, they had no trouble.

The Fun Times has tender instructions for those on carnival excursions and for those not on carnival excursions, ours were: obtain a tender ticket starting at 7:45 am, do not obtain a ticket unless you have your whole party. Then it said where exactly to get the ticket.

We have done private excursions many times. These tour companies usually book a number of people off of the cruise ship. They know exactly when you arrive and how long it will take for most of the cruisers to get off of the ship. They do it every day and are pros at it. I've never booked a local tour without a number of people off of my ship joining the excursion. Believe me, they will be waiting for you.

Be careful getting back to the ship in time. Our cousins that were traveling with us in Belize last year took a non-cruise line excursion to snorkel at an island and ended up having to hire a private boat ($300) to take them back to the ship bc they got stuck. They almost missed the boat.

Our excursion thru Carnival was so late back, our tender was racing back to the ship and as we went past, the anchor was coming up! We never would have made it if they hadn't waited.

If it's a Carnival excursion, they wait , that's what makes it safer. If the same one was booked independently, they don't. If they saw you coming, pulling up anchor was just a prep to leave.

Shore excursioneer is one of the best. We use them a lot with different ports. I've never worried about missing the excursion or the boat. Many times we were the first ones there. Also remember usually they are waiting on people from other ships at port.

If it's a Carnival excursion, they wait , that's what makes it safer. If the same one was booked independently, they don't. If they saw you coming, pulling up anchor was just a prep to leave.

I know. That's why all my excursions will always be thru Carnival. I don't care to save money, I'll gladly pay more to make sure my butt is back on that ship when it sails :D

I have booked an excursion in Belize through Shore Excursioneer and now I am starting to panic about the time to tender and not making it with no way to contact them about seeing if they will wait. Any words of calming advice. Or suggestions? I am hoping FTTF will open up before my April 3 cruise. But if not...?

In spite of what people will tell you getting ashore in Belize is not that much of a problem unless you are supposed to meet the tour 30 minutes after arrival. If you have an hour it will be no problem and usually they wait unless waiting will prevent them from getting back on time.

Our excursion thru Carnival was so late back, our tender was racing back to the ship and as we went past, the anchor was coming up! We never would have made it if they hadn't waited.

If you are on the tender heading to the ship they will always wait, its not like just pulling up the gangway. They would not let the tender leave the dock if they were not going to wait for it.

Edited by zqvol

Very True :)

We went on a CCL excursion in Belize (rainforest river boat and Mayan Ruins). Ship was scheduled to leave at 5pm.

But ,,,,, at 5pm our tour bus was stuck in traffic in Belize City. Our tour guide said "no worries" ,,.. she was on the cell with a CCL rep at the docks who was waiting for us with a tender to return us to the ship.

This is why our personal rule is - if we're going to be out of range of hailing a taxi to return to the ship .. we book with the ship.

Almost every tour I've done (and I've been doing them for over 12 years) has been through a local tour guide. And I've yet to miss the ship or even be close to missing the ship. The key to it all is getting a highly recommended tour guide that's very professional and never booking a tour that takes almost all of your port time. These local tour guides livelihood depends on them getting us back to the ship on time so we give them a good review and in return, they get more business. I know some like to "play it safe" and pay double the price for a jam packed tour, but not me. I want a smaller, more close knit group where you get individualized attention and a little room and breathing space. Oh and you pay a lot less. :) So don't worry about using a local tour guide. Just get off as soon as you can and they will be waiting. And have fun. :D Btw, the flea market there is pretty awesome, you should check it out. And the cave tubing is a lot of fun too.

Almost every tour I've done (and I've been doing them for over 12 years) has been through a local tour guide. And I've yet to miss the ship or even be close to missing the ship. The key to it all is getting a highly recommended tour guide that's very professional and never booking a tour that takes almost all of your port time. These local tour guides livelihood depends on them getting us back to the ship on time so we give them a good review and in return, they get more business. I know some like to "play it safe" and pay double the price for a jam packed tour, but not me. I want a smaller, more close knit group where you get individualized attention and a little room and breathing space. Oh and you pay a lot less. :) So don't worry about using a local tour guide. Just get off as soon as you can and they will be waiting. And have fun. :D Btw, the flea market there is pretty awesome, you should check it out. And the cave tubing is a lot of fun too.

Thank you!

It makes a BIG different WHAT your port time is? Early morning is best for getting those first tenders without priority. BUT a midmorning arrival? Sorry- those above with the "never miss" claims aren't "always". EVERYONE wants off the ship, and the lines and waits can be over an hour. I have seen this personally - several times.

Be prepared, and ready to go at least a half hour prior to the posted time. Up to an hour with a later arrival.

You need to get your information from the vendor- what happens IF you are late? Don't expect them to wait for you, and you need to be accepting of your responsibilty to get to the tour on time, or else forfeit your fees.

I know. That's why all my excursions will always be thru Carnival. I don't care to save money, I'll gladly pay more to make sure my butt is back on that ship when it sails :D

I hear that! We book through the ship too. I have much too much anxiety about not making it back to the ship. The extra money spent is worth it for a stress free excursion. :D