Tap water is yellow

If there is sediment in the tanks, it would most likely be chlorine scale again, so really nothing to worry about, and I've been in quite a few potable tanks, and I've never experienced enough sediment to affect a water system the size of a cruise ship.

The "rehardening filter" I mentioned before, also has a sand filter in it, so this will remove most of the sediment coming from the tanks.

I'd put money on not rinsing the carbonate granules properly.

Thank you for the follow up.

Edited by fuddrules

LOL! Okay' date=' I understand where you're coming from now. We city folk are pansies when it comes to this kind of thing. Here in San Antonio, our water is very hard and not of good quality. Unfortunately, yes, we have to cook with bottled water.

[/quote']

If you been exposed to county water, ship water is good.

I didn't realize San Antonio water was an issue. Thanks for the info.

I get the rocking of the ship caused the sediment in the bottom of the tank to mix with the water in the top of the tank. However' date=' has it come to a point in which we, as paying customers, should just settle for yellow or rusty colored water just because it is what it is?

I'm sure the ship's crew are doing all they can to quickly get the water back to normal (as I am sure they, too, are suffering with the sediment infused water). I just don't get where it is the responsibility of the paying customer to remedy this problem.

Treated, safe or whatever the water may be, no one wants to deal with that type of water. In this situation, handing out bottles of water for teeth brushing isn't a lot to ask (for all we know, the crew may being doing just this). I would hope that bottled water is being used for cooking. As far as showering, I guess the only option is to use the water as it is, but at least it's not being ingested.

Just my two cents.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze (June 25,2017)[/quote']

What would you expect them to do in this case? They could go back to port, spend a couple of days docked and drain and refill all the tanks while there is no water available for passengers or just wait until it settles.

It may not look good but I can assure you that the engineers on the ship are aware of the problem and constantly monitor the water for safety .

This was our yellow water on the Royal Caribbean Serenade in December 2014. When reported they told us to run the water for a few hours because they were changing water tanks. They brought us several bottles of water and eventually the water cleared up but I still wouldn't drink it.

DSC06923.jpg.d66edbf5e4ba09366eb3c9110cee4e04.jpg

This was our yellow water on the Royal Caribbean Serenade in December 2014. When reported they told us to run the water for a few hours because they were changing water tanks. They brought us several bottles of water and eventually the water cleared up but I still wouldn't drink it.

This is what I expect them to do, zqvol. No way I'm using that to brush my teeth. When the ship docked after the first leg, more water than usual could have been brought on.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze (June 25,2017)

This is what I expect them to do' date=' zqvol. No way I'm using that to brush my teeth. When the ship docked after the first leg, more water than usual could have been brought on.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze (June 25,2017)[/quote']

"Bringing on more water than usual" is far easier said than done. The particular hydrant that is used to supply water needs to have been tested within the last month to meet USPH requirements for safe water, so hydrants are limited. Second, you are limited by municipal water pressure. When I was with NCL, in Hawaii we were at sea so little that we could not make anywhere near enough water, so we took water at every port. In Honolulu, we used 3 2.5" fire hoses, and still could not load enough water in 10 hours. Also, any water taken from shore must be segregated from any other water onboard, and tested onboard for coliform bacteria, which takes 18-24 hours, before the water can be used.

"Bringing on more water than usual" is far easier said than done. The particular hydrant that is used to supply water needs to have been tested within the last month to meet USPH requirements for safe water, so hydrants are limited. Second, you are limited by municipal water pressure. When I was with NCL, in Hawaii we were at sea so little that we could not make anywhere near enough water, so we took water at every port. In Honolulu, we used 3 2.5" fire hoses, and still could not load enough water in 10 hours. Also, any water taken from shore must be segregated from any other water onboard, and tested onboard for coliform bacteria, which takes 18-24 hours, before the water can be used.

Agree with you 100%, but I was referring to bottled water.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze (June 25,2017)

Does this not make complete logical sense to you? It does to me.

It definitely makes sense and that's why I said it could be true. I take everything I'm told with a grain of salt. Even though it sounds logical to laymen ears I'm not a mechanic so I wouldn't assume everything carnival tells me is the truth. I honestly would think it's more of a poor maintenance issue because ships rock all the time that shouldn't cause all of the ships water to be yellow, but again I'm not a mechanic so I wouldn't know. Regardless of what there should be some protocol in place to prevent such issues. I'm not giving carnival the benefit of doubt on this one.

This is what the water looked like on our Pride sailing in our aft suite. We booked the suite because my GF really wanted to use the whirlpool tub. When she filled the tub it was just plain gross looking. Certainly not fit for a relaxing soak.

Again, lots of reason why this happens. I understand all that. However, as an end user that paid for their cruise, I found it unacceptable. If Carnival understands the issue enough to tell the customer the cause (Low water tanks, sediment, rocking of the ship, etc.), Then Carnival should take these factors into consideration when building and designing their ships.

I've been on quite a few cruises. (over 20). I've only encountered dirty water once. Dirty water on a ship is not normal no matter what they tell you at guest services.