2 questions for the Pride

mom1965

(The Pride does not have the Italian restaurant. David's steak house is the only specialty restaurant.)

Having eaten at David's Steakhouse on our last cruise on the Pride, I strongly suggest skipping it. We were very disappointed, food was mediocre at best, service was slow. We regret wasting our money on it.

Ken Byrne is the Maître D on the Pride (prmaitred@carnival.com). A very cordial Irishman with a Frank Sinatra-like singing voice. Mention "Kevin Barry" and you might get a small bonus (but I'm not making any promises).

I would disagree with the previous poster about the Steakhouse. Our experiences were enjoyable and delicious with exceptional service. The service pace is noticeably slower than the MDR but we didn't find it unusual for the multi-course finer dining experience.

If you have the desire and/or opportunity to try the Chef's Table, I highly recommend that as well.

Ken Byrne is the Maître D on the Pride (prmaitred@carnival.com). A very cordial Irishman with a Frank Sinatra-like singing voice. Mention "Kevin Barry" and you might get a small bonus (but I'm not making any promises).

Hi Kevin! I just emailed Ken with a request for my upcoming sailing ... I totally dropped your name in my email - He replied REALLY fast and also told me to "Give my regards to Kevin" :) so I figured I would pass along the message, and thank you for giving me his email address.

Hopefully he can accommodate my request.

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude :)

Hi Kevin! I just emailed Ken with a request for my upcoming sailing ... I totally dropped your name in my email - He replied REALLY fast and also told me to "Give my regards to Kevin" so I figured I would pass along the message, and thank you for giving me his email address.

Hopefully he can accommodate my request.

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude :)

(Sorry for the dup post but something went wrong with the quote in the last one)

Not sure how many people know this, Ken absolutely loves KFC fried chicken, original recipe. A couple weeks ago we stopped and bought him a bucket in St Thomas on the way back from Coqui Beach. I stuffed it in my backpack and it went through security without a hitch but I must admit the whole time carrying it I was really hungry and wanted to eat the bucket myself.

I'd love to see others else carry on this "tradition".

(The Pride does not have the Italian restaurant. David's steak house is the only specialty restaurant.)

Having eaten at David's Steakhouse on our last cruise on the Pride, I strongly suggest skipping it. We were very disappointed, food was mediocre at best, service was slow. We regret wasting our money on it.

Exactly how we felt. Only Carnival ship Steakhouse we will not return to.