It's official!!! T-254 days....and counting!! (Fascination tips and tricks, anyone??)

Stinger-pr

Well my NEW cruise countdown starts today for my third go-'round on the Southern Caribbean itinerary from my home port of San Juan, PR in. Same islands, new partner, new (well....in a way) ship. We're booked for Oct. 16-23, 2016 on the Fascination. Third time, third different ship, third different cabin type. Already done this cycle on the Valor (pre-2.0 upgrades), Liberty (post-2.0) and now on the (has this even been to a dry dock??) Fascination. (QUICK HUMOR NOTE: I'm not dissing the ship. I know there are fans and detractors of the Fantasy-class ships. I'm just making a little fun of the sorta "downgrade" San Juan got with a 21 year old ship that has already been here when new. Homecoming?? Swan Song?? We'll see...)

This time around will be on a ocean-view cabin (done the elusive 8B extended almost-corner balcony on the Valor and an inside on the Liberty). Already I'm into OCD-inducing planning mode and thinking of how to do another review of the same itinerary in just over two years. (Hmm....gotta come up with a good twist).

Anyway..... any tips and tricks from former Fascination cruisers are much, much welcome.

Well my NEW cruise countdown starts today for my third go-'round on the Southern Caribbean itinerary from my home port of San Juan, PR in. Same islands, new partner, new (well....in a way) ship. We're booked for Oct. 16-23, 2016 on the Fascination. Third time, third different ship, third different cabin type. Already done this cycle on the Valor (pre-2.0 upgrades), Liberty (post-2.0) and now on the (has this even been to a dry dock??) Fascination. (QUICK HUMOR NOTE: I'm not dissing the ship. I know there are fans and detractors of the Fantasy-class ships. I'm just making a little fun of the sorta "downgrade" San Juan got with a 21 year old ship that has already been here when new. Homecoming?? Swan Song?? We'll see...)

This time around will be on a ocean-view cabin (done the elusive 8B extended almost-corner balcony on the Valor and an inside on the Liberty). Already I'm into OCD-inducing planning mode and thinking of how to do another review of the same itinerary in just over two years. (Hmm....gotta come up with a good twist).

Anyway..... any tips and tricks from former Fascination cruisers are much, much welcome.

October 16th you say? For some reason that sounds familiar. :D I do have a roll call started but there hasn't been much going on so far (which was to be expected, I started it last year when we booked). I am hoping to read some good tips here too.

I forgot to ask if you'd be doing another review in my earlier reply to you...so glad you are. I'll definitely be looking forward to your next one, I just love your pictures.

I was also wondering why Fascination is heading to San Juan, but I never thought of a swan song...great point. I've recently been viewing some pictures of Fascination and would actually love to try her. I just love her Lido Deck and our first cruise was on a ship even smaller than Fascination...Carnival Festivale. That was also out of San Juan, very similar itinerary but not the same as the current one.

So glad you're doing this again. :D