Anything I should know about having a balcony cabin?

IPlayWithString

If you want to join the balcony club you should know the bridge can see everything from the windows that stick out on the side, they have really strong binocs and use them all the time!

Not true. The bridge can see down the length of the ship and not into all the balconies. Maybe if they had a 100ft selfie stick ;)

Please be considerate of everyone on your air conditioning run (includes cabin that are above and below you, insides and ocean views beside balconies) and do not leave you balcony door propped open. It will disrupt the efficiency of the system and make all the cabins very warm.

We were the victims of such a selfish cabin on the Liberty. My family had two ocean view cabins and the cabins would not cool down.

We complained several times over several days about the room temperatures (fans were bought into the cabins for us on the second day, but that just moved air and didn't lower the temperature).

I finally did some sleuthing, found a balcony cabin above us that obviously had the balcony door propped open (the wind can be felt coming under the cabin door), demanded that a ship's engineer verify that that cabin was affecting our AC, and requested that the inconsiderate passengers be told to keep the balcony door shut.

I had to make the same complaint about that cabin two more times before the message was effectively delivered and our rooms did cool down with the AC.

We love Balcony rooms and always get one on the lido deck especially with kids. We have experienced a smoker next door but before we could complain it was taken care of. Be careful of having the door open and opening your door to the hallway. Although sometimes I would hold the balcony door open and my DH would hold the cabin door open to run fresh air through the cabin. We like having the feeling of not being trapped with no windows that open. We always get a couple extra pool towels and put over the chairs too. We also get port side so we can watch the ship going into port. I'm sure you will be hooked after your trip. Have fun. We love sailing during spring break. The captain would come on the intercom and tell us to watch all the drunk spring breakers running back to ship before it leaves port. There were a few that missed it at Cozumel. Lol

Dumb first time cruiser questions:

What if I have a balcony on the Miracle, going to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Los Cabos in August?

Could I see any dolphins, or any other critters from a balcony?

OK, this is a weird thing to look at. But when I am in southern California, I will go to San Pedro or Long Beach just to look at the huge containerships.

Can I watch them from a balcony while we are sailing out of Long Beach? Or do I have to go to the lifeboat drill?

We're going to have our first balcony cabin on our upcoming Spring Break trip.

Anything special I need to know about balcony cabins?

WE had a Balcony a few years ago on a Spring Break Cruise. Thank GOODNES we had a balcony on a Spring Break cruise. When the decks got crazy, we had our little sanctuary on our balcony to enjoy the ocean and the peacefulness.

Dumb first time cruiser questions:

What if I have a balcony on the Miracle, going to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Los Cabos in August?

Could I see any dolphins, or any other critters from a balcony?

OK, this is a weird thing to look at. But when I am in southern California, I will go to San Pedro or Long Beach just to look at the huge containerships.

Can I watch them from a balcony while we are sailing out of Long Beach? Or do I have to go to the lifeboat drill?

Yes depending on what side those are on, usually we get port side. And the muster drill doesn't take that long. We have seen dolphins and other fish before. We thought it was really cool

I made the mistake :D of getting a balcony for our first cruise, and now I don't want to cruise any other way! Although it's totally a good thing for us.

My favorite things about having a balcony are:

-being able to see the island come into view as the sun is rising

-having my first cup of coffee on my balcony watching the port activity/pilot boat (we have room service bring us a carafe) while in my pjs

-drinking a beer on the balcony after spending the day on the island while we move on to the next port

-watching the stars out on the balcony right before we turn in for the night

A balcony might not be for everybody, but for those who don't mind spending a little extra for sea breezes and a private area outdoors, it's worth it. My mom is cruising with us next month and just upgraded to a Jr suite with a larger balcony, so it's whatever floats your own boat. I wouldn't want an interior room.

Have fun!

Balconies are great for all the reasons listed in this forum. But one that's not at least for us is when the sun comes up the whole room fills with light no matter how tight you close the drapes. We like the night life so we don't want to be up too early!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

We are sailing in a few weeks and have a balcony cabin on the star board side. I have read a lot of the comments and no one has mentioned star board cabins directly, but port side cabins have been mentioned several times.

Do any of you have any comments or info on star board side balcony cabins? Some people mentioned the sun flooding the room and the room being warmer than they'd like. Just curious. I am so excited and can't wait to set sail! :)

I love this part! This is when you go on your balcony and cheer them on Woo Hoo!!!! I find that after doing so, they quietly end the festivities and go inside! :D

My thoughts exactly.

Love Balconies. only sad part is i still have to leave to go get my Margaritas. My DW likes to sleep late and i am an early riser. I love to have Coffee delivered and sit out on the balcony early of a morning.

We are sailing in a few weeks and have a balcony cabin on the star board side. I have read a lot of the comments and no one has mentioned star board cabins directly, but port side cabins have been mentioned several times.

Do any of you have any comments or info on star board side balcony cabins? Some people mentioned the sun flooding the room and the room being warmer than they'd like. Just curious. I am so excited and can't wait to set sail! :)

We have stayed on both sides. And the way I see it you will see the same stuff just depends on when you want to see it. Lol