Norwegian Epic Questions

Midwest_Traveler

Hi all!

My family is currently considering booking a 7-day Western Med cruise on the NCL Epic. Based on the reviews I have read of the Epic, we're considering a 2-bed suite in the Haven because we're worried about the feeling of being in a crowd (and it actually isn't THAT much more than 2 verandahs). I had a few questions about the ship in general and the Haven on the Epic.

1. Are there certain hours for the pools, slides and rock walls? This itinerary has some pretty long days at port so it might be nice to utilize some of these places at night but I wasn't sure when they closed.

2. The current promo is that 2 guests can get the drinks package and 2 guests can get 4 nights of specialty dining. Do you know if these can be two guests for the drinks (A and B) and two guests for the dining (C and D)?

3. On the same note, if A and B did have the dining package, would C and D be able to take A/B's room keys and go to dinner?

(C & D aren't 21 so won't get the most out of the drinks package, but really would love the specialty dining more than the older folks :) )

4. Similarly, is there an age limit for the bars or any of the shows?

5. On the Epic, do Haven guests still have access to the Posh Beach Club?

6. What is the Epic Club and Epic Lounge?

Obviously, these aren't make or break questions but they are questions that have come up in planning that would be really helpful to know in advance to manage expectations. Thanks so much and I apologize if these have been answered before!

Edited by Midwest_Traveler
Added another question :)

Hi all!

My family is currently considering booking a 7-day Western Med cruise on the NCL Epic. Based on the reviews I have read of the Epic, we're considering a 2-bed suite in the Haven because we're worried about the feeling of being in a crowd (and it actually isn't THAT much more than 2 verandahs). I had a few questions about the ship in general and the Haven on the Epic.

1. Are there certain hours for the pools, slides and rock walls? This itinerary has some pretty long days at port so it might be nice to utilize some of these places at night but I wasn't sure when they closed. Times vary by day. But areas line the slides and rock walls are closed at night.

2. The current promo is that 2 guests can get the drinks package and 2 guests can get 4 nights of specialty dining. Do you know if these can be two guests for the drinks (A and B) and two guests for the dining (C and D)?

3. On the same note, if A and B did have the dining package, would C and D be able to take A/B's room keys and go to dinner?

(C & D aren't 21 so won't get the most out of the drinks package, but really would love the specialty dining more than the older folks :) ) If C&D are over 18, and A&B signed a waiver, then C&D could get beer. Otherwise C&D could get non-alcoholic virgin drinks.

4. Similarly, is there an age limit for the bars or any of the shows? Some bars (like Bliss) are posted for adults only during certain times. Some areas are posted for adults only. Some shows (late night comedy shows) are recommended for 18+

5. On the Epic, do Haven guests still have access to the Posh Beach Club? Yes

6. What is the Epic Club and Epic Lounge? Epic Club is the restaurant area reserved for Havens guests. Epic Lounge is a bar and lounge area reserved for Havens guests.

Obviously, these aren't make or break questions but they are questions that have come up in planning that would be really helpful to know in advance to manage expectations. Thanks so much and I apologize if these have been answered before!

Enjoy your cruise. We were on the Epic after her dry dock in October, and she feels new and clean again. Some answers in red above.

Epic lounge and club areas

6d78de6f5f1498342da91a7545e81bb0.jpg

66cae2f17b54b6696ca39bf8436f328a.jpg

d451557c16d9497b45c84e23a18b8b2e.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

We stayed in a 2br suite last November, plenty of room for four. The second bedroom is small, actually the master bedroom is small for a suite, but the bathroom is very large. Still a great room for four that want privacy. I'll try to add some info:

1) You didn't say when you were thinking of going. Our November trip was abnormally warm, but still cool for us at night. The pool areas were open at least until 10pm, but only the polar bears were still in the hot tubs. I don't recall seeing the rock walls active, but assume they were open daily. If you plan on seeing the further cities from ports the itinerary is very hectic. Livorno, Cannes and Naples will be out at dawn, back after sunset. With only one sea day there is not a lot of time to use these areas unless you shorten a port day.

2) First two guests listed on reservation get both the UBP and SDP promos, I have never seen it otherwise.

3) Officially no, but you may get away with it. Compared to the cost of the room, spend the extra money for two more SDP's so you can eat together. My advice is A&B get promos since they want to drink, buy the less expensive SDP's for C&D. If C&D want to drink i believe they can since it's a European sailing, it will be expensive.

4) None that will affect your group. Some 18+ adult areas and Priscilla recommends 15+, but not enforced in any way.

5) Yes, but it was deserted on our sailing.

6) Epic club/lounge is a loose term for the Haven restaurant, bar and sitting area at rear of Haven overlooking the pool decks (upper two pictures in post above). I would say it includes the attached outdoor courtyard grill/bar further forward (lower picture in above post). I think they're the only bars on the ship with a good ocean view.

Edited by Boschmann

Thanks! This is really helpful. I especially appreciate the pictures.

I booked the cruise this afternoon (yay!) for July. We received $1000 in OBC using a TA (from the TA). Based on some searches on CC, I think we can use this credit to tip the butler/concierge, but not for the daily service charge. Is that correct? Is there any way around that? I would really like to use this "free money" to help defray additional costs.

Edited by Midwest_Traveler