Peanut/Tree Nut allergies and Pancakes and Waffles

ekatiel

Can anyone with a peanut/tree nut allergy tell me if you were able to have the regular pancakes and waffles on board the ship? My son has always had an egg allergy, too, so we usually brought our own Bisquick aboard. I'm hoping to leave the Bisquick behind this time, as he has completed OIT for his egg allergy and now is only allergic to peanuts and hazelnuts. We sail in 8 days!!

Can anyone with a peanut/tree nut allergy tell me if you were able to have the regular pancakes and waffles on board the ship? My son has always had an egg allergy, too, so we usually brought our own Bisquick aboard. I'm hoping to leave the Bisquick behind this time, as he has completed OIT for his egg allergy and now is only allergic to peanuts and hazelnuts. We sail in 8 days!!

I have been able to eat their pancakes and waffles, but I usually don't (not my preferred breakfast foods). However, I don't suffer from anaphylaxis.

I also suggest reading about my experiences with allergies on board RCI ships:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48787734&postcount=22

Have you notified the Special Needs department about your son's allergies? (Per my post linked above, though, it might have zero practical impact.)

You can always ask to speak to the chefs in the galleys (WJ and MDR) on board. They will take allergies very seriously.

I have been able to eat their pancakes and waffles, but I usually don't (not my preferred breakfast foods). However, I don't suffer from anaphylaxis.

I also suggest reading about my experiences with allergies on board RCI ships:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48787734&postcount=22

Have you notified the Special Needs department about your son's allergies? (Per my post linked above, though, it might have zero practical impact.)

You can always ask to speak to the chefs in the galleys (WJ and MDR) on board. They will take allergies very seriously.

Thanks for the reply. We've cruised many times with our boys, so I'm pretty well versed in the whole food allergy deal, and it's definitely noted on our reservation. This is just the first time that we won't be dealing with an egg allergy in addition to the peanut/tree nut allergy, so I was looking for specific information on the pancakes/waffles. I will probably bring a box of mix on board like usual, just in case they aren't safe.

...so we usually brought our own Bisquick aboard. I'm hoping to leave the Bisquick behind this time...

What?? You bring your own Bisquick on board, and they accommodate you by mixing it up and using it? Huh. I have to say, I am actually shocked they would do this (no offense intended, of course).