Breeze Thanksgiving 2015 Family Cruise Review

lcookie

wb6h3b.jpg

After watching this nice sunset we got ready and headed down for dinner. After that we had a double dose of Dive in Movies planned. They were showing two kid friendly show that evening.

w5jxd.jpg

2hhp36c.jpg

Noni, Oka, & Ibrahim were our servers. They were on their game!

smyik3.jpg

All talk and no action. She did not even make it through the first showing.

Now since we had a leisure port day and Curacao was an afternoon port, I had a lot of free time on my hands tonight. I tucked the girls in and made my way to deck 5 to see what the night life was all about on the Breeze. I stuck my head in about every place that showed some signs of life and eventually made my way to you already know. Only God knows what time we left that place. Either way we were up for the trip and having a blast. Tired of rolling dice and spinning wheels but not quite ready to turn in still we headed down to the Red Frog Pub on deck 5 for some refreshing beverages and snacks. The food menu was quite good and the prices were more than reasonable. Definitely check out the coconut shrimp and the sticky coconut cake. OMG these fit the bill for a snack in the wee hours of the night.

Next up Curacao!

So by this time we have figured out our routine and know our way around the boat. We were not scheduled to port into Curacao until afternoon; therefore the morning was all ours. This was a room service morning. I like the way you can order your items on the TV and it magically appears at your door within about 20 minutes. They were actually ahead of schedule on most occasions. The room service menu is very limited but it will get you over. Just don’t expect to eat it every day because you will quickly run out of options. We used it as a supplement to get us to the main meals. I would gladly pay a price to have more options. It could be a ploy to get you out of the room and charge up your S&S account. After room service the little one requested to go to up to camp and we were happy to meet her demands. After I dropped her off I went up to the front of the ship on deck 5 and enjoyed the warm Caribbean air all to myself.

25j88lc.jpg

Got this pic of the iconic bench.

2n6z23m.jpg

I found some more interesting nuggets above the bridge.

I checked the hub app and the entire family was meeting up at the Lido for lunch. After roaming around outside I went back in and checked out the shops on deck 5. Mama eventually came up and met me for a little kid less time. Eventually, we headed to pick up lil bits and head to lunch.

w2ngnc.jpg

She won this at the art competition in camp carnival.

Today’s meal was Tandor. I wasn’t sure how I would like it since I don’t like spicy foods but with the exception for one dish I really enjoyed the flavor explosion in my mouth.

2i0fzg7.jpg

e6atmp.jpg

2hrlp2p.jpg

We chose these outfits to match the pastel colors of the island!

The plan for today was to go to Playa Mambo Beach and then walk around the Fort for some shopping. We could not get a bus for the group so we split up into smaller vans. As soon as we left the Fort area we were riding through the neighborhoods. They were not slums but they were pretty typicial non tourist run down areas. Our driver told us Mambo was nice but if we wanted a more non commercial experience we should try Blue Bay Beach. I looked it up on the internet and it looks like a nice establishment. I understood what he meant soon as we unloaded.

nzfte0.jpg

2rdu3bq.jpg

99o40w.jpg

2nqee8g.jpg

34ookz8.jpg

2qv8i20.jpg

Side note for cabs. Make arrangements with your driver to pick you back up at a certain time. This will make your travels a lot easier.

When you arrive at Mambo beach you unload at a shopping area. There are various restaurants, souvenir shops, and boutique shops. To get to the beach you go downstairs to the lower level of the shopping center. They have it laid out really well. They have everything from chairs to beds you could rent on the beach and there is a full bar with full menu you could order from. There was also a pool for folks who did not want to partake in the ocean.

ix6tes.jpg

amtpb7.jpg

2ilefeq.jpg

11ienuw.jpg

123w6t2.jpg

o89tap.jpg

After chilling most of the morning I was in total chill mode and wanted no parts of the water. I kicked back on my lounger and enjoyed the ocean breeze. As I sat there I pondered how could I make this vacation my everyday reality.

The beach was a man made. To protect the area they placed super large boulders to form a wave break several yards off the coastline. Some people would swim out to the rocks and rest on them. They also had some non-motorized water sport items a little further up the beach from where we were. Lastly, there is a sea aquarium in the general vicinity of the beach you could go to. After about 3 hours the adults were ready to head back to the Fort area, but the kidos wanted to hang out at the beach some more. Half headed back towards the Fort while the rest of us stayed for the kid’s sake.

j5b5te.jpg

21jrtjk.jpg

24op05h.jpg

6qzjp5.jpg

14w8wi1.jpg

b5mtue.jpg

A few more beach pics!

bjh01t.jpg

6948di.jpg

The Fort area closed relatively early compared to our departure time, so when we left the beach we headed back to the ship. Surprisingly, the shopping area right by the pier was hopping with activity.

120nr7p.jpg

2rqdsfm.jpg

j8f66t.jpg

110eumv.jpg

This was one of those nights where the dining room staff pretty much got the day off. No one from my party made the early dining time and when we got back on board it did not look like too many made it to the late dining. For a moment I felt guilty about not showing up, but then I thought if I were the wait staff I would live for days like this. Some from our group caught the show, some ate on Lido, and others checked out the specialty dining. We had sushi on the brain! While we were headed to the spot we ran into a few of our FB group members that we would be spending the day in Aruba with.

2ekjfqo.jpg

mkhpw6.jpg

The decision to get sushi was good and bad. The space was at max capacity and the staff seemed overwhelmed. They run this itinerary every 2 weeks so I was not sure why they weren't prepared. Come to find out our server was new to the boat and did not have the routine down. Everything we tried was delicious. The best items were the braised short rib with onions and the warm asian salad. We had multiple orders of that stuff.

After leaving there I took the girls over to the Red Frog Pub to get some of those coconut shrimp and sticky coconut cake.

27xqu0p.jpg

Someone could not make it to the end of the meal.

2ywbr14.jpg

Found these two at the Red Frog up on Lido.

This was a good leisurely way to end a leisure day on the island. This night I bypassed the nightlife and turned in with the girls. Tomorrow was a special day and I wanted to be well rested.

Next up ARUBA!!!!!!!

Houston traffic has gotten worse as well!!!

Life revolves around traffic when you live in Atlanta. If you are not out by a certain time you may as well hunker down and enjoy a good movie versus sitting in a car during rush hour. Like a robot I can jump up and get rolling, but DW & DD are like fresh dough needing time to rise. To keep things going smooth, I always set the alarm early and use that extra time to pack the car. This keeps me occupied while the girls get it in gear. We hit the road just before the deadline and off we went.

71k5ra.jpg

A few more minutes we would have been waiting until 10:30 to get outta there.

r7q9er.jpg

So looking forward to some warm South Florida/Caribbean weather!

20uuayo.jpg

2091wnn.jpg

One Happy Family waiting to get to One Happy Island!

ix9ixk.jpg

This is the Atlanta Traffic I like to see.