Will I make it? Flight arriving at 11:35am day of Royal Caribbean cruise

tusconcam

While the ship leaves at 4pm, you have to be checked in by 3pm. Assuming your flight arrives close to on-time at FLL, there is more than enough time.

Upon arrival proceed to the luggage pickup area. Waits for luggage on AC from YYZ flights are generally about 15 minutes but may be as much as 1/2 hour. Don't have any idea on Airtransat, but I would expect about the same. Secure your baggage. Take a moment to attached cruise luggage tags - you will print these as part of the preparation process or get them from you TA. I usually take a small roll of tape with me to do this.

Find the Airtransat rep. S/he will guide you to a waiting bus. The ride will be less than 15 minutes. I do not know if you will have to produce id & set sail pass for port security to get into the port. The bus will eventually stop at the Oasis terminal.

Once off the bus, give your checked luggage to a porter. You will usually have to cart it over to them as they tend to be busy. Give them a $1 or two per bag. Proceed into the terminal. You will have to clear an airport like security screening. Get in line to check in. Thing usually proceed reasonably quickly. Once you are in this line you can pretty much stop worrying about getting aboard.

Eventually you will reach an agent. Give them your set sail pass, passports, and credit card. Sign where indicated. Get your seapass cards, credit card and passports. Follow the crowd. There will be a hold up for pictures land side. These are optional, but popular. As you step aboard you will each have to insert your seapass card in a slot and look at a camera - very helpful ship person will guide you. You will hear a ding. Remove the card (it may be handed to you). Clear another airport like security check (you will do this every time you board the ship), and follow the crowd. You are safely on board. Have fun.

As others have said, flying day of is not a great idea. I did it once, albeit in January, and the stress was not worth saving a hotel stay. Others don't seem to have a problem with doing this. Certainly April offers fewer opportunities for weather induced delays.

I second the psychological benefit comment. Also on disembarkation day, it is a priceless feeling to watch people scrambling out to catch their 9:15am flight while we purposely assign ourselves to be the last group out as we have plenty of wiggle room for the return flight the next day ... while still envying those other cruisers staying for their B2B 😂

I've only done one hotel (actually it was a crappy motel) stay post cruise. What do you all do after you get off the ship at the last possible moment before you can check into the hotel at 3pm? That one time we even had a friend come pick us up, so we had a place to store our luggage, and drive around, but it just felt like we were wasting time. Most stores and restaurants weren't open yet before 10am.