Another satisfying sail on Reflection

HoppyCruiser

Hello all,

I just wanted to give a little review in the recent cruise my wife were a part of.

We sailed Jan 30th on the reflection. Needless to say we were pleased once again.

We are fresh into our 30's and yes we felt young, it is exactly what we wanted. It was relaxing. If we wanted to party hard or be up until 2am we would go to some crappy all inclusive where you get so called rum out of a red solo cup.

The main dining room was fantastic. We ate there all but 1 night (went to Murano). We had the 6pm seating and were able to get a 2 person table which was perfect. The food was exceptional every night except for the night we had the "Red Fish" . We both got sick within 20 minutes, but woke up the next morning fine and dandy. Not sure if it was the fish or something else we may have eaten that day.

It was to my lack of research that I didn't realize now you have to have a suite to be able to gain access to Michaels club. In 2014 we cruise on the reflection and it was not the case then. We are huge craft beer drinkers and were a tad sad when we couldn't enjoy all the offerings Michaels club had that we remembered.

They had a decent choice in the Wine Cellar place, but it wasn't the same. Didn't really like the feel of the cellar.

The two negative things I have to say is they should have two of the cafe baccio(spellcheck) on the ship. The line is always incredible and being the caffeine freaks we are, we would be there twice a day getting our espresso.

I also think they should not let people reserve spots on the top deck. Yes I know they have signs, but it doesn't look like the staff takes action. There was a time we were on the top deck for about 4 hours, when we got to the spots there were 4 chairs next to us with a towel and book on each one. Not once did whoever put those there come to those chairs the entire time we were there. I feel if you are going to go grab a drink, somebody should stay and watch the chair for you. If you both go grab lunch, well time to let somebody else enjoy the sun.

Don't be a jerk, wake up at 6am and put stuff out there so you can come back at 1pm after lunch to enjoy the spots. Does anybody agree or am I out of line?

Other than that it was another great cruise and we booked our 2017 cruise while on board. We decided we would try the Silhouette.

I would love to hear others take if they happened to be on the same ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My sister and I were on the same sailing. I'm in the process of writing my review and will have it up later. I agree with a lot of your points. Good cruise. We booked 2018 while on board to secure the perks, but will be changing to a different itinerary once we figure out our vacation time.

Thanks for your review. We are looking forward to our cruise in March on the Reflection. I totally agree with you regarding the pool and loungers. I would have just moved the stuff.

My spouse and I were on the same sailing. It sucked that we weren't able to dock at Cococay, besides that we enjoyed the Reflection and what it had to offer. We frequently got our caffeine refill and mouth-watering desserts from cafe Al Bacio. We had a dinner and a lunch at Tuscan Grille and on both cases we were pleased with the service and food. We skipped MDR the last night of the sailing to try out the buffet at dinner and they were doing grilled meats and fish ala minute. The staff were very pleasant and even remembered our names. We learned from the wait staff that they basically are not paid a salary and rely on our gratuities. Also extra tips you hand to a particular wait staff at the MDR goes directly to that individual's pocket, while extra tips handed to a wait staff at specialty dining are split among the wait staff. I've read from other threads that it is NOT possible to order multiple entrees at Tuscan, and I can personally say that that information does not apply for this sailing. We were encouraged to try out more than one appetizer or entree, or mix-and-match any entree. I can't speak for Murano because we didn't have the opportunity to try that specialty.

This was the first cruise we've ever been on so we have nothing to compare our experience to, however I was told that by getting on a Solstice-ship, I've set the bar high and might be disappointed with other non-inclusive cruise ships. We booked a future sailing on-board to Alaska, and are pretty excited about it already.

Edited by JobbesL

I was not aware the specialty coffee in the oceanview, very good to know! Our room was right outside the door of the hideaway. I frequented that coffee station many times.

We're in 8252 sailing on Saturday! How was the coffee in the Hideaway?? How was your cabin?