A couple of questions

BAV2005

We will be on the Breeze out of Galveston in September on our first Carnival cruise. We are super excited and I am the planner of the group so I have a couple of questions I would appreciate any help anyone can give me :)

- how does the ship time vs island time work? We are on the Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel itinerary. Are the times listed on our itinerary the same as ship time or are they local time? I've read a bunch of threads but I still don't understand[emoji57]

-Also, I've looked at one of the websites that tell how many ships will be in port each day and it lists only the breeze in Jamaica and Grand Cayman, with 2 other ships in Cozumel. Does that sound right? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! But should I expect more ships to be added? I'd think itineraries would be set by now (we sail out Sept 18, 2016)

Usually the ship stays on "ship time", not adjusting for island time...so sometimes there might be an hour difference. Make sure that you use a watch, not a phone for checking time..phones tend to sync with local...Be back to ship at least a half hour early..

Not all excursions, if booked independently, go with ship time..Verify with them when you meet up, the time and inform them what time you have to be back..

Depending on what day of the week you are at those ports, there could likely be only those ships there...

Have fun!

We will be on the Breeze out of Galveston in September on our first Carnival cruise. We are super excited and I am the planner of the group so I have a couple of questions I would appreciate any help anyone can give me :)

- how does the ship time vs island time work? We are on the Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel itinerary. Are the times listed on our itinerary the same as ship time or are they local time? I've read a bunch of threads but I still don't understand[emoji57]

-Also, I've looked at one of the websites that tell how many ships will be in port each day and it lists only the breeze in Jamaica and Grand Cayman, with 2 other ships in Cozumel. Does that sound right? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! But should I expect more ships to be added? I'd think itineraries would be set by now (we sail out Sept 18, 2016)

You will stay on ship time for the entire cruise. So if you're sailing from Miami, you will be on Eastern time for the entire cruise. One thing that you will need to bear in mind, however, is that most smart phones will adjust to whatever time zone that they are in so I would suggest wearing a watch so that you're sure to be on the correct time.

Both times we've been to Jamaica, we were the only ship in port. We were in Montego Bay both times. The second time, there was another ship scheduled according to one of the sites, but we never saw it. Both times we've been to GC, there have been other ships and since Cozumel has three (I believe this is correct) different ports, there is always several ships there when we've been.

Have fun planning and enjoy your first Carnival cruise!!!

Good advice. We cruised right after daylight savings last time and Cozumel doesn't observe that. I actually helped a few folks near us on the beach who were going by their Smartphones and would have been in trouble. I always strap a digital watch to our beach bag to keep track. They sell great cheap ones in the gift shop.

You will stay on ship time for the entire cruise. So if you're sailing from Miami, you will be on Eastern time for the entire cruise. One thing that you will need to bear in mind, however, is that most smart phones will adjust to whatever time zone that they are in so I would suggest wearing a watch so that you're sure to be on the correct time.

Both times we've been to Jamaica, we were the only ship in port. We were in Montego Bay both times. The second time, there was another ship scheduled according to one of the sites, but we never saw it. Both times we've been to GC, there have been other ships and since Cozumel has three (I believe this is correct) different ports, there is always several ships there when we've been.

Have fun planning and enjoy your first Carnival cruise!!!

As the others have said, stay on the time of the port you got on in. Use your watch set to Galveston time and you will be great!!

And you may very well be the only ship in port that day! YAY!! Sometimes things change for weather reasons though so other ships might show up that day.

Have fun!!

Edited by _beachgirl_